Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buying a house advice

Options
  • 13-09-2016 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi there, apologies if this is wrong thread, but ill try here.
    Buying a house, everything was smooth as butter, but went to solicitor to sign contracts. And guess what, there is big bump. The house and the site is in Councils future planing for the road.(its marked in the middle of the road). Plan should take in 2016 - 2021, by private company, but like my solicitor said: might happen might not :))

My question: is it worth to buy a house in this situation? if the council goes a head with the plan, would it purchases in little higher price?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

you get over market rate if it goes cpo

https://www.scsi.ie/documents/get_lob?id=402&field=file

might make 10% from what i've heard thats probably tax free
    you will need to discuss with a chartered surveyor to know whether its worth the risk

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lt123

Tigger: would it still work, if ill purchase a house, knowing it might happen? thanks

Advertisement