Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lumia 520 goes back to top of web page

• 13-09-2016 9:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭

I have a nokia lumia 520. When reading a web page maybe 75% down i apparently sometimes make some small movement that brings it right back to the top of the page. I am not sure what the move is. Does anyone know it is ?very annoying

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

There's nothing you can do unfortunately. It's due to an incompatibility between Internet Explorer and the website, and while the website could correct it, they won't, as Windows Phone 8.X has such a small market share.

It's fixed in Win 10 mobile, but I'm pretty sure that the fix was never put into WP8. Make sure that you're on the latest WP8 version available is the only way to check really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭jenny smith

CatInABox wrote: »
    There's nothing you can do unfortunately. It's due to an incompatibility between Internet Explorer and the website, and while the website could correct it, they won't, as Windows Phone 8.X has such a small market share.

It's fixed in Win 10 mobile, but I'm pretty sure that the fix was never put into WP8. Make sure that you're on the latest WP8 version available is the only way to check really.
    Thanks
    Can i update to win 10 mobile?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Thanks
    Can i update to win 10 mobile?

Sadly no. The 520 (and a lot of other low end WP8 phones) is just not able to run it unfortunately.

CatInABox wrote: »
    Sadly no. The 520 (and a lot of other low end WP8 phones) is just not able to run it unfortunately.
    OK i did not know that. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I gave up on my 520 it was just too slow and W10 was much better. The 650 is dropped in place if you want a cheap upgrade. The future of WP is uncertain. I still like it though.

• Advertisement

beauf wrote: »
    I gave up on my 520 it was just too slow and W10 was much better. The 650 is dropped in place if you want a cheap upgrade. The future of WP is uncertain. I still like it though.
    Thanks. What do you mean by the future of windows phones is uncertain?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

MS have said they won't make anymore Lumia Phones.

The talk is they will produce a surface phone aimed at business.

http://www.theverge.com/2016/5/23/11743594/microsoft-windows-phone-market-share-below-1-percent

I have a battered 640. I'm tempted to buy a 650 myself before they are all gone. Not sure if its worth it.
    I got a Android phone to switch to, but haven't moved my main sim yet. Not really a fan of Android. But more stuff works properly on it.

Advertisement