Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How would you deal with annoying group of kids/teenagers causing a bit of nuisance?

Options
  • 13-09-2016 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭

Suggestions wanted please -

its nothing serious (yet) but we have a group of teenagers (well maybe in age range of 12-17) walking past house and they hear our dogs barking as they go past when they were talking loudly - now (and I dont think I am being paranoid) I think they are now winding up our dogs hearing them barking and not walking past the house but more like loitering and making more noise and laughing out loud and screaming to wind up the dogs because they know it makes them bark more. (just a strong feeling) and it feels like its becoming more and more frequent, the more our dogs bark it feels the more they find it funny and want to wind them up more.

One part of me really wants to go out there and say - hey wassup feck off out of it move on and stop being a bloody nuisance and winding up my dogs and making them bark on purpose - the other half wants to set my dogs free and let them sort out the little ****es lol :D (i know i cant do that, but i bet my dogs would give em a run for their money) - and then another part of me says ah bless em , theres not much for them to do and they are kids just being pain in the arse kids/teenagers and i used to be young once (****e , i even used to play knock down ginger when I was about 10 .. maybe this is Karma LOL :D )

so i am looking at suggestions what you would do, you might come up with something effective that I havent thought of to nip it in the bud -

A.) bearing in mind I want to keep on the right side of the law

B.) I dont want to make matters worse and to have it escalate into the little ****es doing something worse , I dunno egging the house or being even more of a pain in the arse than they already are (because I have seen before this happen with people even when they have asked kids nicely to stop hanging around and causing nuisance)

C.) dont want any visits of their mothers / fathers telling me I threatened their kids

D.) dont want any Garda coming around saying i have threatened them or they have received a complaint.

E.) I suppose if its just them winding up the dogs and it ends there I can live with it even though its irritating and childish and a nuisance and I can just let them get on with having their little (fun?) games it only lasts a few minutes and then its over, they move on and then do whatever else they do (terrorise old ladies, smash up a few telephone boxes , handbrake turns in stolen cars no doubt lol)

im quite looking forward to the replies, some of you might have some good suggestions that I havent thought of yet - be good to have a plan B in place.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭stimpson

Put on a pair of skinny jeans and go and hang out with them. They'll soon get the message and clear off.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭sadie1502

I would bring the dogs in until they get bored. Give it a few days. If you react you will be tortured forever more. Do not go out there and do not react. They love a reaction and if they know you are annoyed your fate is sealed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭Fluffy Cat 88

Play ****e music really loud outside your house.

Blast them with..... Nathan Carter ; )

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭TheWarChicken

7.62mm assault rifle, that'll solve yer problem. About the whole law thing, it doesn't matter if you have a 7.62mm assault rifle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Put all your dog poo out on the street for them to walk on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭TheWarChicken

Play ****e music really loud outside your house.

Blast them with..... Nathan Carter ; )

Play them anything by Ariana Grande.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Put a sign up saying

PLEASE LOITER OUTSIDE MY GATE AND ANNOY MY DOGS

If there's one thing teenagers won't do it's any fcuking thing you want them to do

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Let the dogs out at them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

Your life is like fcuking Hollyoaks or something OP.

Jesus

Anyway, go out and play gay chicken with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Stick a post up on Facebook to say someone tried to kidnap kids and throw them into a van. The hysteria should keep them off the streets..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Go out into your yard when they're barking, shout loudly " what are you barking at, then say " honey, get my shotgun "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Stick a post up on Facebook to say someone tried to kidnap kids and throw them into a van. The hysteria should keep them off the streets..

Putting yourself on the Sex Offenders Register and get somebody to post that on facebook would be more effective again

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Disgruntled Badger

Go out to them with the dogs on a lead. Let them get to know each other. The dogs will be less likely to bark if they know the kids and the kids won't feel like teasing the dogs if they like them.

If either your dogs or the kids don't cooperate you are screwed. Not much you can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Go out into your yard when they're barking, shout loudly " what are you barking at, then say " honey, get my shotgun "

Shotgun fetch me my honey might scare them more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Clampdown

I can't imagine that this game of 'Let's get barked at by dogs' is gonna hold their interest for very long, especially with kids attention spans nowadays.

If you react the game will morph into 'Let's see how we can annoy old man Andy' and that game theyll get a lot more use out of.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Fr_Dougal wrote: »

actually its times like this it would be handy to have a dodgy character going round picking up these little feckers and bundling them into the vans ... not fiddling with them or anything like that but just to give em a bit of a fright , that would wipe the smile of the little ****ters faces and might put a bit of manners on them - they think they are so big and untouchable some of these ones , need a wake up call some of them - I blame the parents, not strict enough lol :D

Go out to them with the dogs on a lead. Let them get to know each other. The dogs will be less likely to bark if they know the kids and the kids won't feel like teasing the dogs if they like them.

If either your dogs or the kids don't cooperate you are screwed. Not much you can do.

what if me dog(s) bite the feckers thats me in sh!t creek then innit ,,, or me dogs be put down . To be honest it stresses me dogs out something wicked, they are normally good and they dont normally bite but i wouldnt put it past them if someone started teasing them or winding them up like that and came near them

Clampdown wrote: »
    I can't imagine that this game of 'Let's get barked at by dogs' is gonna hold their interest for very long, especially with kids attention spans nowadays.

If you react the game will morph into 'Let's see how we can annoy old man Andy' and that game theyll get a lot more use out of.

yeah what i was thinking - I mean on one hand you got to let them know whose boss and you dont want them to be getting off thinking they are getting one over on you because that just boosts their bravado even more .... but on the other hand cant give em a clip round the ear like the old days we used to get when I was a kid. If i would have done something like that when I were that age I would have got a clip round the ear from a copper, then pulled by my ear and taken back home, then my parents would be told by copper and then more than likely a few more whacks around me head by me parents for being a nuisance in public ... - kids dunno how lucky they are these days to be able to be a nuisance and not be pulled up on it (I know I sound like a right ol git now)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭sbs2010

Get some stink bombs and drop them on the path outside when you get home in the evening.

Increase the dosage each evening as required. They'll never know it was you.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Estrellita

Release the hounds.

Jake1 wrote: »

yes have heard of these - I remember once a cafe that used to be in Sligo had one of these outside and it was pretty effective. its an annoying noise that only the kids can hear isnt it - something to do with a frequency sound - ooh the price of them though! :eek:

Estrellita wrote: »
    Release the hounds.

tempting! ..... very tempting - "ooh diddums did one of my doggies bite ye , oooh is that blood I see, i can see a bit of your leg bone showing through... ah well that will teach you to be a nuisance and tease my doggies - now feck off and annoy someone else!" ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Just read out your post to them OP.
    Gone.

It depends on if they are respectable kids or scotes. Not much can be done with the later but the former will sh1t themselves if confronted. Unless you're really respectable yourself, you're fncked than unfortunately.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭Jesus.

i even used to play knock down ginger when I was about 10

You used to play what?

Jesus. wrote: »
    You used to play what?

got a different name in ireland - knock up something (I dunno) - or is that when you get someone pregnant lol :D

Thats a good point actually what is it called in Ireland? - you knock on someones door (or ring doorbell) and then scarper (run) - we used to do it as a dare when we were kids

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭Jesus.

Dunno Andy. I never played that game

• Advertisement

Jesus. wrote: »
    Dunno Andy. I never played that game

probably good idea you didnt because now I am older I cant help thinking if me or me mates rung on a doorbell and some auld wan had to hoist themselves out of armchair to answer door and no-one was there ... well its not nice is it?

Advertisement