Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How would you deal with annoying group of kids/teenagers causing a bit of nuisance?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭Jesus.

Ah you're talking about nick nacks! Ach I played that right enough. Great craic it was too!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

7.62mm assault rifle, that'll solve yer problem. About the whole law thing, it doesn't matter if you have a 7.62mm assault rifle.

That's a really tiny gun, sure you'd lose that down the back of the setee!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Jesus. wrote: »
    Ah you're talking about nick nacks! Ach I played that right enough. Great craic it was too!

ah right is that what its called in Ireland - I use the word nick nacks for 'bits and pieces' ...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭Jesus.

Think it was to do with the weird rhyme "Nick nack Paddy whack give a dog a bone". You from Australia or summat?

Jesus. wrote: »
    Think it was to do with the weird rhyme "Nick nack Paddy whack give a dog a bone". You from Australia or summat?

- near ... im a Brit :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Maybe spend less time constantly starting threads and actually do something about it.

Maybe spend less time constantly starting threads and actually do something about it.

just was looking for some effective ideas - have i upset you? - does my starting of threads upset you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Introduce them to the dulcet tones of Daniel O' Donnell.

This post has been deleted.

ooh sorry i will just crawl back under my rock and stop starting new threads :(

• Advertisement

Introduce them to the dulcet tones of Daniel O' Donnell.

thats no good then they will bring their mammys round to the house then ....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

What time of the evening/night does this happen and for how long? This will affect my suggestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

thats no good then they will bring their mammys round to the house then ....

You just don't see it yet, Andy. This can be weaponised and used against them. Think Guantanamo Bay or Mars Attacks.

cbyrd wrote: »
    What time of the evening/night does this happen and for how long? This will affect my suggestion.

ah in all fairness only around 7 or 8pm ... any later and i suppose they would be tucked up in bed ... or drinking down pub ..

ah in all fairness only around 7 or 8pm ... any later and i suppose they would be tucked up in bed ... or drinking down pub ..

I'd be taking up a spot of powerhosing the front of the house... Around 3 minutes before they arrive... Tell them your getting ready for the winter...practicing how to clean blood off walls and pavements, it'll take about a week..
    Or be waiting for them at the front gate and eavesdrop on their conversation dropping in the odd wow.. really .. fcuk me.. it'll make them feel so uncomfortable that you're such a weirdo they won't hang around..
    Become more of a nuisance to them than they are to you. ;)

if I approach them one evening do i be like "Oh excuse me young men and ladies you wouldnt mind kindly not upsetting my dogs and making them bark on purpose would you , oh that would be lovely thank you, bye bye " like something out of downton abbey - will they understand and act accordingly ?

Or would this approach be better " hey wassup you motherf*kkers - you carry on winding my dogs and being annoying fekkers I wild break all your legs one by one and it will be painful! thats not a threat , thats a promise now feck off and go and catch some pokemons or something like good boys and girls!!!" - do you reckon that would go down better?

Downton Abbey will make them laugh at you, other one will encourage them to see how far they can push you.
    The nutter, confusing weirdo one works best. Ask them in for tea .. or minerals and crisps... Maybe while holding the powerhose wearing Speedos ..

cbyrd wrote: »
    Downton Abbey will make them laugh at you, other one will encourage them to see how far they can push you.
    The nutter, confusing weirdo one works best. Ask them in for tea .. or minerals and crisps... Maybe while holding the powerhose wearing Speedos ..

Yeah but what about my reputation, I still have to keep that up - i mean i do powerwash in my speedo's and am a bit of a nutter .. but thats a story for another day :D

... and if they do take me up on my offer of refreshments and biscuits what then?

Does the "I know your parents!" line still work with kids/teenagers these days or could they not give two flying sh!ts these days whether you know their parents or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Go full Jason voorhees and pick them off one by one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Go out and look for volunteers to help you change your helpless old grandfathers incontinence nappies as you can't manage on your own when they are too full:eek::D

If that doesn't shift them then you will have to find some old geezer and stick a nappy on him:D

Robsweezie wrote: »
    Go full Jason voorhees and pick them off one by one.

could do .... but yesterday was Tuesday the 13th ...

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Go out and look for volunteers to help you change your helpless old grandfathers incontinence nappies as you can't manage on your own when they are too full:eek::D

I could go out and say to them that the last person who wound my dogs up came to a very unfortunate 'sticky end' and that I need volunteers to move the body! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

That sound repellent thingy. There is apps on google store that can do that. They're free. Maybe hook it up to a Bluetooth speaker and bobs your uncle. Dunno another the dogs though. It may hurt their ears.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,697 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Take your dogs for a walk occasionally, and they won't bark as much

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭rizzee

Kick them in the face

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

Good point on the mosquito alarm annoying the dogs. If it annoys teenagers that can hear at a slightly higher pitch than adults, I can only imagine it would send the dogs crazy.

I don't know if this is a thing you can do anymore, but once upon a time, you could call the Gardai and let them know that there's a group of teenagers hanging around your house around X time of an evening and it's making your dogs wound up, which is annoying the neighbours and could they have someone patrol down that street for a couple of days. It should encourage the kids to move elsewhere.

I know it sounds like the nuclear option, but it's not really. You're not calling the Gardai on them, just getting your street added to the patrol route for a few days.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭4ensic15

Go out and try and sign them up for the Jehovah's Witnesses!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

How did you survive in life/seek the attention you crave before joining boards OP?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

"there's not much for them to do".

There wasn't much for any of us to do, we didn't go around acting like shítheads though.

Advertisement