Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How would you deal with annoying group of kids/teenagers causing a bit of nuisance?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Maybe between advice of shooting them, kicking them in the head, luring them in for sex fest, running them over, putting sh1t where they congregate ,setting the rabied dogs on them made them think again lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

Cannibalism.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Maybe between advice of shooting them, kicking them in the head, luring them in for sex fest, running them over, putting sh1t where they congregate ,setting the rabied dogs on them made them think again lol :D

The spud canon is not for shooting them.They're probably hungrily loitering in the hope that you'll take pity on them and give them a heel of bread or a pork chop or something, to keep them going until their parents get home from the pub!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The_Captain

(1) Where, on a complaint being made to the District Court by any person, it appears that a nuisance has been created as a result of excessive barking by a dog, the court may—

(a) order the occupier of the premises in which the dog is kept to abate the nuisance by exercising due control over the dog;

(b) make an order limiting for such period as may be specified in the order the number of dogs to be kept by the respondent on his premises;

(c) direct that the dog be delivered to a dog warden to be dealt with by him in accordance with the provisions of this Act as if the dog were an unwanted dog.

They ya go OP, right there in the legislation, you just need to control your dogs better and not having them barking at passersby

They ya go OP, right there in the legislation, you just need to control your dogs better and not having them barking as passersby

That's just lousy! The nuisance is created by bored teenagers. I'd hate to see anyones pets being taken off them for barking when they are being wound up or excited by noisy teenagers. The end result would be Op still having to listen to gobby teens.

• Advertisement

That's just lousy! The nuisance is created by bored teenagers. I'd hate to see anyones pets being taken off them for barking when they are being wound up or excited by noisy teenagers. The end result would be Op still having to listen to gobby teens.

1: The law says he needs to control his dogs, not that people need to be quiet walking by his house.

2: He said he thinks the teens are being loud to get a reaction from the dogs. If there's no reaction from the dogs, they have no reason to be loud.

1: The law says he needs to control his dogs, not that people need to be quiet walking by his house.

2: He said he thinks the teens are being loud to get a reaction from the dogs. If there's no reaction from the dogs, they have no reason to be loud.

No, it doesn't. No complaint was made to the district court-or apparently anywhere- about his dogs. And since his dogs don't bark excessively from the sounds of it, it's unlikely that there's any cause for any complaint against them. Why do people champ at the bit to see dogs being impounded?

(1) Where, on a complaint being made to the District Court by any person, it appears that a nuisance has been created as a result of excessive barking by a dog, the court may—

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

No, it doesn't. No complaint was made to the district court-or apparently anywhere- about his dogs. And since his dogs don't bark excessively from the sounds of it, it's unlikely that there's any cause for any complaint against them. Why do people champ at the bit to see dogs being impounded?

Does he have to wait for a complaint about his dogs in order to obey the law?

It's his responsibility, and his responsibility alone, to keep his dogs under effective control. The teenagers have no responsibility to behave to in a manner that won't make the dogs bark. You may not agree with it, but that's the law.

It's his responsibility, and his responsibility alone, to keep his dogs under effective control. The teenagers have no responsibility to behave to in a manner that won't make the dogs bark. You may not agree with it, but that's the law.

Since when does a dog barking at people at its own gate in response to prolonged noise from teens,constitute breaking any law? Dogs do bark to communicate and you can't expect complete silence. Earlier in the thread OP mentioned another dog in the neighbourhood that barks quite a bit more. As for control-the dogs are contained within the boundary of OP's property (I think). Your concern would be better directed at dog owners who let their dogs roam loose without even a collar..and use the street as a toilet.

Anyway I have no dog in this fight so to speak, just my 2 cents!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Aren't there laws against excessive noise, public nuisance, loitering, disturbing the peace? Wouldn't the teenagers be breaking those?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

.... and giving those teenagers some real mean stares.

nah. Givem DAGGERS look.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Perhaps go for a run with your dogs on a lease. Time it so you go the same way as the kids at the moment they come by your house... :pac:

Since when does a dog barking at people at its own gate in response to prolonged noise from teens,constitute breaking any law? Dogs do bark to communicate and you can't expect complete silence. Earlier in the thread OP mentioned another dog in the neighbourhood that barks quite a bit more. As for control-the dogs are contained within the boundary of OP's property (I think). Your concern would be better directed at dog owners who let their dogs roam loose without even a collar..and use the street as a toilet.

Locking them in the back garden isn't control, effective control means taking measures to stop them barking.

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    Aren't there laws against excessive noise, public nuisance, loitering, disturbing the peace? Wouldn't the teenagers be breaking those?

It could be considered offensive conduct, but the OP is specifically referring to his own dogs barking. He's the only person responsible for his dogs barking, so he needs to take measures to stop them barking. It's not an offence to make someone else's dog bark in itself.

Locking them in the back garden isn't control, effective control means taking measures to stop them barking.

It could be considered offensive conduct, but the OP is specifically referring to his own dogs barking. He's the only person responsible for his dogs barking, so he needs to take measures to stop them barking. It's not an offence to make someone else's dog bark in itself.

Seeking solutions here suggests OP is taking measures. No law against a dog barking. It's reacting to stimulation. If it was in pain would your priority to be to stop it barking?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Butters1979

So the teens ignore the naughty dog that barks all the time, to instead wind up his dog that never barks, except all the time. I call bull**** Train your dog.

Seeking solutions here suggests OP is taking measures. No law against a dog barking. It's reacting to stimulation. If it was in pain would your priority to be to stop it barking?

My priority would be to stop the pain, which would stop it barking. The dog isn't in pain. The dog is reacting to noise. Train your dog not to react to people walking past your house.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

In the apartment complex where I live things are generally orderly and quiet but there are some young kids who play football out the back of my apartment in the common lawn and yesterday they kicked the ball against my bedroom window a couple of times. Hope it doesn't repeat itself!

There is actually a very specific law against dogs barking, but it's a nice effort all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,172 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

...No law against a dog barking...

Section 25 of the Control of Dogs Act, 1986 has a very particular bone to pick with people who are labouring under the misapprehension that their fleabags can make as much noise and irritate people as much as they like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

Seeking solutions here suggests OP is taking measures.

The way I read it is the OP is only interested taking measures against the teenagers. I don't think there was any mention of simply taking the dogs in.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tracey turnblad

I havent read the other suggestions so Im sorry if Im repeating what others have said.

Teenagers are teenagers,,they can be a pain in the ass but they can also be great fun. Would you ask them if they would like to meet your dogs? Or maybe if you know what time they come around you could take the dogs out for a walk and introduce them. Once they know the dogs and they are familiar to them they will be less likely to upset them. You know you catch more flies with honey...If you go out all guns blazing..they will make it their mission to piss you off....But if you treat them with respect they will do the same....(hopefully )

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭TheWarChicken

Right all these anti dog people. Read the posts going up along before trying to get the dog impounded. The dogs only bark when the teenagers are irritating them, not at passers by. The dogs are fine if not irritated, now get back on topic, the OP wants a hand here, not a legal debate. My question is why yere so against the dogs? What have they done to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,198 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Right all these anti dog people. Read the posts going up along before trying to get the dog impounded. The dogs only bark when the teenagers are irritating them, not at passers by. The dogs are fine if not irritated, now get back on topic, the OP wants a hand here, not a legal debate. My question is why yere so against the dogs? What have they done to you?

Nice one...

Not your ornery onager

I'm not anti dog. I love dogs. I'm just anti ****head owners who can't be bothered to train their dogs and think noise only works one way.

OP. Train your dog.

His dogs don't bark at people until they bark at people! :eek:

Simple solution: control the dogs, problem goes away

Cannibalism.

aint much meat on them....

I could serve them up with some fadda beans fffffffffhhhhhhhh.....

...no because we all know how quiet and respectful the little teenage darlings / shítters are when they are walking around in gangs in the street dont we - yeah they are extra quiet and refined so they are :rolleyes:

emeldc wrote: »
    Does he have to wait for a complaint about his dogs in order to obey the law?

why is everyone starting to turn this around to me and make issuse about me dogs?

I cannot stress enough that my dogs do not bark all the time when someone walks past the house.

They will bark if the person/persons walking past:
      Are having a row out in the street (this has happened before) it must make them anxious and upset them - (whats wrong with that, perfectly normal behaviour for dogs to bark if they get stressed)
      If these teenage loons scream like they are being attacked or raped as they walk past it must make them anxious and upset them - (whats wrong with that, perfectly normal behaviour for dogs to bark if they get stressed)
      If these teenage loons bark like dogs as they walk past the house - it must make them anxious and upset them - (whats wrong with that, perfectly normal behaviour for dogs to bark if they get stressed)

• Advertisement

My priority would be to stop the pain, which would stop it barking. The dog isn't in pain. The dog is reacting to noise. Train your dog not to react to people walking past your house.

thanks for the advice Ms. Barbara Woodhouse :D

Shame cant easily train uncouth teenagers to have a bit of manners these days and stop them being pain in the arsé when they hang around in groups these days - ah but its never their fault is it?

Advertisement