Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Huawei hg658c Port forwarding ranges.

Options
  • 13-09-2016 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hello folks,

Im wondering if anyone has any experience with filezilla and the above Modem .Im trying to port forward a range of ports to allow remote FTP access. It appears this modem only allows multiple to single port forwarding or single to single, ie not like for like ranges? I need to open a minimum of 100 ports to allow for passive FTP using filezilla. I can connect to my tower locally using its private ip but when accessing remotely its gets to retrieving directory and then "425 Can't open data connection for transfer of "/". Ive disabled the server machines firewall and tested with the same issue. Ive had this working with the previous vodafone modem hg556a but the NAT management portal on that device clearly has a start and end source port and a start and end destination port when creating port forwarding rules. See a link to the picture of my current config.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Edit: Cant post links:D This is what it looks like.

Interface: PTM...etc VDSL interface

External start port:50000

External end port:50100

Internal host:192.168.1.xx

Internal port:50000

Port forwarding name:FTP passive

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Anzu

Replying to my own post because I cant edit my original? And im too tired to troubleshoot why. I have confirmed there is an issue with the huawei hg658c router port forwarding ranges. It appears it just doesn't support it :/ I created 10 port forwarding rules to open up 10 ports and tested the remote connection using ftp and it worked. Just in case anyone else has the same issue.

Advertisement