Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Third level fees

Options
  • 13-09-2016 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi folks,
    Just a quick question and please a bit of relief for a very worried student.
    I just dropped out of NUIG first year arts basically I didn't sit my summer repeats as I decided to take a gap year.i hope to go to GMIT next year (Sep 2017) and I was wondering what fees do I have to pay?i got a grant last year for NUIG which covered my fees which I know I will not get next year but just wondering when I go to gmit will I just have to pay my student contribution charge which is like 3000 plus the levy?
    Thanks so much

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

3000 + Student levy + tuition fees which is another couple grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 shau_h

So I won't get stuck with first year fees from NUIG? Since like I didn't finish the year like is there a penalty when u return to college? Thanks so much

shau_h wrote: »
    So I won't get stuck with first year fees from NUIG? Since like I didn't finish the year like is there a penalty when u return to college? Thanks so much

What do you mean? The government pays tuition fees for each college year once, so if you're doing your second first year next year you'll have to pay GMIT, but not for second year if you go on, as the government will cover it (as it will be your first second year).

Are you getting the registration fee and tuition fee mixed up?

Seriously I'm just so confused I was talking to someone who said that I would have to pay my GMIT fees plus my first year fees from last year in NUIG when I register next year because I didn't drop out before the drop out date !my NUIG fees where like 5000 but I got a grant so I'm confused ! I thought i would have to pay like 10000 next year!its very confusing

Seriously I'm just so confused I was talking to someone who said that I would have to pay my GMIT fees plus my first year fees from last year in NUIG when I register next year because I didn't drop out before the drop out date !my NUIG fees where like 5000 but I got a grant so I'm confused ! I thought i would have to pay like 10000 next year!its very confusing

• Advertisement

You're probably going to have to spend around 7000. I'd speak to GMIT again if I were you to make sure how much you need to.

I've just looked at the fees on GMIT website! So I'm looking at 3000 for a student contribution charge plus 1500 for tuition fees? Is there anything else I would be looking at!thanks so much for your help I'll ring GMIT in the morning

I've just looked at the fees on GMIT website! So I'm looking at 3000 for a student contribution charge plus 1500 for tuition fees? Is there anything else I would be looking at!thanks so much for your help I'll ring GMIT in the morning

No I think that's all, best of luck :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Best contact the college and ask them, to avoid any unpleasant surprises.

Advertisement