Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Insurance

• 14-09-2016 12:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭

Hi,
    I've just moved to Limerick and I'm living in Castletroy. I'm just wondering would Castletroy be classified as Limerick City or Limerick county for insurance purposes. Saying Limerick city increases my quotes by like €3-400 :(:(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

County - but they have been amalgamated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Mc Love wrote: »
    County - but they have been amalgamated.

That's a bit of a political answer isn't it! Mine isn't any less political unfortunately.

The metropolitan area now includes patrickswell and castleconnell (if I have interpreted it right). I wouldn't say either was in the city, but I would count castletroy as being part of the city.

Mungret I would say was county. Annacotty... city? Just about?

Tbh even if there was a map which clearly defined limerick city, you'd probably find the insurerer had their own opinions on that. But they still give you the chance to pick the wrong option rather than just telling whether they regard your address as city or county.

Short answer... It depends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I would still say county as is Raheen/Dooradoyle.

Mc Love wrote: »
    I would still say county as is Raheen/Dooradoyle.

You might say that but you wouldn't regard a citron c5 diesel as a high performance vehicle... The insurance compoony shouldn't allow people to use their own personal best judgement or common sense if all that matters in the end is the insurers interpretation of reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Castletroy is city now, I'd say checking your address on Eircode will confirm that.

• Advertisement

Cossax wrote: »
    Castletroy is city now, I'd say checking your address on Eircode will confirm that.

Hmmmm, how do they decide... the have Mungret as Limerick, Clarina as Co. Limerick. Patrickswell as Co. Limerick.

Supervalu Castletroy as Limerick. Mr. Price Annacotty as Co. Limerick.
    Castletroy college as Limerick. Newtown bars/shops as Co Limerick.

Is there an actual map anywhere that definitively shows this is city, this is county?

Advertisement