Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Smackdown 14/9/16 spoilers

• 14-09-2016 1:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,066 ✭✭✭✭

John Cena is back

main event for no mercy announced Triple threat for the World Title- Styles vs Ambrose vs Cena

tonghts Main event is Cena/Ambrose vs Styles/Partner of his choice

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,976 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Was that Ambrose's heel turn his promo attack on Cena if it was it was as bad as Seth face turn.

Hype Bros squashed by the Uso's.

Swagger squashed on RAW and signs to Smackdown the next day lol

Becky is way to orange she needs to tone down the fake tan a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Heath is getting gored. He must be.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Can we talk about how the offical graphic looked like a bad photoshop job :pac: Which, actually, kind of suits because the match was only announced last second, and it makes sense that Ellsworth doesnt have a proper graphic.

CsRybHZVMAARAo6.jpg

Smackdown is so much more solid a show, it's unreal. Thats not me saying it's amazing, but it just is so, so much more solid than Raw. Character motivations make sense, feuds actually are based on decent motivations and characters develop.

The writing actually got Ambrose booed over John Cena! Their promo wasn't your typical "Hello fellow Face, I like you but may I take my turn now!" The barbs between Cena and Ambrose were genuine, and both sides had points. I'm guessing Styles retains and Cena/Ambrose is the program moving forward.

Much preferring Smackdown to Raw. Smackdown actually rewards viewers with continuity and development.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Can we talk about how the offical graphic looked like a bad photoshop job :pac: Which, actually, kind of suits because the match was only announced last second, and it makes sense that Ellsworth doesnt have a proper graphic.

CsRybHZVMAARAo6.jpg

Smackdown is so much more solid a show, it's unreal. Thats not me saying it's amazing, but it just is so, so much more solid than Raw. Character motivations make sense, feuds actually are based on decent motivations and characters develop.

The writing actually got Ambrose booed over John Cena! Their promo wasn't your typical "Hello fellow Face, I like you but may I take my turn now!" The barbs between Cena and Ambrose were genuine, and both sides had points. I'm guessing Styles retains and Cena/Ambrose is the program moving forward.

Much preferring Smackdown to Raw. Smackdown actually rewards viewers with continuity and development.

And the whole 2 hours thing

And the whole 2 hours thing

Honestly, I think thats an excuse WWE hide behind; you're talking about 1 extra hour. Minus 20 minutes of adverts, so about 40 minutes. So an extra 20 minute match and 10 minutes either side. Not including any recaps you want to throw in as well.

Raw, supposedly, has a fuller roster than Smackdown, and will be adding the CW division to it very soon. They should easily be able to come up with an extra match and two 10 minute segments, given their depth. The issue isn't the extra "hour". Its a laziness.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Honestly, I think thats an excuse WWE hide behind; you're talking about 1 extra hour. Minus 20 minutes of adverts, so about 40 minutes. So an extra 20 minute match and 10 minutes either side. Not including any recaps you want to throw in as well.

Raw, supposedly, has a fuller roster than Smackdown, and will be adding the CW division to it very soon. They should easily be able to come up with an extra match and two 10 minute segments, given their depth. The issue isn't the extra "hour". Its a laziness.

I meant from a slog to watch through perspective.
    A 3 hour show (if you watch live) is tough going especially after a 2.5 - 4 hour packed PPV not including preshow. The 2 house are easier to digest

As an aside the reason raw is a slog is IMO WWE writing structures would be more suited to 2 hours historically and they haven't adapted their systems or style to match that's why the middle hour tends to drag. It's like they've written a holding pattern into the show instead of cramming every second of something worthwhile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I meant from a slog to watch through perspective.
    A 3 hour show (if you watch live) is tough going especially after a 2.5 - 4 hour packed PPV not including preshow. The 2 house are easier to digest

Ah yeah.

Well, for me, Raw tends to be 45 minutes most weeks :P

• Advertisement

Ellsworth is going to be the new Gillberg.

I'm surprised they haven't given him a Straight Edge gimmick.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Really really liked that and as above it was far better than Raw.

Cut out an hour and it really is far less of a slog but it is the writting and character development that also makes me fel this way. I feel like since they got their own roster post draft the new head writer has finally been able to NXTify Smackdown and is really building up the roster as a whole with simple storylines that make sense but feel big.

AJ as the new champ is great. Cena returning and straight up stating he wants to equal Flair's title haul seems like a genuine big deal even if I don't like him getting a title shot after losing to AJ twice and then doing nothing afterwards except taking a few weeks off.

Becky is on fire and the crowd love her. I don't know Becky personally and yet I almost feel proud of her and you can just see how much she is enjoying everything she is doing. Similarily Heath is super over with the crowd having been built brilliantly the last few weeks and I look forward to his segments now. The Usos and The Miz too have gone from meh to actually living up to his must see moniker.

Actually going back to Becky for a moment it isn't just her, they are succesfully building up the entire womens division on SD and despite it originally seeming far weaker than Raw's it is actually far more interesting.

Hell even Swagger showing up made SD seem better than Raw as he did just choose the blue brand over Raw and after only 5 mins of TV he suddenly seems like he might be relevant again.

Yeah I wanna see Kevin Owens, Y2J & Rollins but tbh I don't look forward to Raw atm SD at least right now has me doing so for the first time in a long while. Hell even seeing Ellsworth got a reaction from me this week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Yeah, Smackdown has been better than Raw on a consistent basis. With a smaller roster, you have more room for character and storyline development similar to NXT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I thought this was a very good show. I really enjoyed the opening segment and Cena adds a lot to Smackdown when he's on it. I enjoyed Cena's comments towards Ambrose which you just know were via Vince McMahon and the office. I really dislike Ambrose as a character and he just looks so scruffy and unlikeable to me so I hope he is turning heel based on how the show ended.

I've been a big Miz critic but I thought he was very good in his segment. I liked the touch of demanding the fans to stop booing his wife. I also liked how he was inserted into the main event; I thought that was well done.

Becky is doing great as champ; hopefully they give her a decent run with the belt.

I thought The Ascension were poor in the match with Slater and Rhyno. The tag division is really weak and could do with another team. I honestly see nothing in Konnor and Viktor and think they should be future endeavoured.

Overall it was a good show. I would be of the view that it being 2 hours is a big help in it being better than Raw. It means there's less filler and you don't leave the fans jaded by the latter stages. The commentary is better on Raw though imo. I'm so done with JBL at this point and Otunga offers nothing. I'd love to see Daniel Bryan on commentary instead of JBL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,066 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

James Ellsworth is going to be the next big thing lol

Expecting him to get feed to Brock at some point too

From looking at his twitter and finding out he has 2 daughters all hope is not lost for me finding love lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,623 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Hard to say what hasn't been said already. They're doing more with less and it's not really down to the time thing either. Smackdown has turned the likes of Heath Slater, Rhyno, Ziggler and Orton into relevant guys again while Raw writers are managing to make **** of the likes of New Day and Enzo and Cass who should be easy to write gold with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,363 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just wondering, who else would be in the title picture outside of Cena, Ambrose and Styles?

And google agrees that Swagger's wife is indeed hot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Wyatt and Orton if they were properly built. Can see Miz dropping the IC at some point also in order to be elevated to the main event.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,066 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Ben Gadot wrote: »
    Wyatt and Orton if they were properly built. Can see Miz dropping the IC at some point also in order to be elevated to the main event.

Love to see miz do a heel promo about Aj Styles past wrestling career and bring up TNA etc

The draft May of done wonders for guys like the Miz

• Advertisement
Advertisement