Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

POST DATED CHEQUE

Options
  • 14-09-2016 1:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭

Hello
    Hoping you can help I'm in the process of booking a property in Spain for next March.

The lady seems very nice but how do does this work exactly?
    Does money need to be taking out of my account or do you just write out a cheque  and if it's cashed it comes 
    OutOut of my bank account??
    She says it will be given back when we arrive in march it won't be cashed b4 then..

HHoping you can help thank you 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard

bewhiched wrote: »
    Hello
    Hoping you can help I'm in the process of booking a property in Spain for next March.

The lady seems very nice but how do does this work exactly?
    Does money need to be taking out of my account or do you just write out a cheque  and if it's cashed it comes 
    OutOut of my bank account??
    She says it will be given back when we arrive in march it won't be cashed b4 then..

HHoping you can help thank you 
    Good Morning bewhiched,

Thank you so much for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

In relation to your thread title, we do not advise that you issue a post-dated cheque (that is, a cheque with a future date on). If you put a future date on a cheque, it may still be cashed before the date on the cheque.

As you are booking accommodation, they may be seeking to complete a pre-authorisation which is a temporary hold of a specific amount of the available balance on a credit or debit card that is provided upon booking. Do you have a credit or debit card in order to complete the booking?

Thanks,

Richard

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭bewhiched

Hi Richard
    Yes it's accommodation indeed.
    She thinks bank transfer be too expensive.
    Would I be insured if I sent the cheque say and something happened. All new to me this.
    Yes I've a debit card visa card.

Thanks very much again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard

bewhiched wrote: »
    Hi Richard
    Yes it's accommodation indeed.
    She thinks bank transfer be too expensive.
    Would I be insured if I sent the cheque say and something happened. All new to me this.
    Yes I've a debit card visa card.

Thanks very much again
    Hi again,

When you write a cheque, you can cancel it provided it has not been cashed prior to your cancellation request. Unfortunately, once the cheque is cashed, you would not be insured to have the funds returned if needed.

In relation to a bank transfer, SEPA transfers are free through 365Online. Alternatively, if the owner of the accommodation can accept a card payment, you could pay with your Visa Debit Card.

We hope this helps.

Thanks,

Richard

Advertisement