Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Birthday cake in a rush...help!

Options
  • 14-09-2016 7:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭

Hi folks
    I need to produce a birthday cake for....tomorrow. It's for my 8 year old and have promised a theme so I have already ordered and received an edible topper, themed with her name on etc. Now all I need is something to go under it!

To shortcut I was thinking of buying a tray cake (needs to be a large cake for all the guests), two of them, from Tesco, putting them one on top of the other and topping with the topper.

Is this a terrible idea or could it work???

Secondly, I guess I'll need icing to sandwich the two together and to put around the outside and under the topper, so does anyone have a recipe (with quantities) for chocolate icing for an A4 sized cake??? Lots of recipes online but none the correct size, other than one with 'cups' to measure and I have no idea how to measure a cup.

Thanks in advance...
    PS Can you buy pre-made chocolate icing in Tesco I wonder? Or is it yuck..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Betty Crocker do chocolate fudge frosting, you can get tubs of it in Tesco, buy 2 just in case!

http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=288730294

Should do the trick. When you're spreading the icing have a mug of hot water beside you to dip your knife into. A warm knife will make the chocolate spread easier and cleaner!

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Mulberry

Betty Crocker do chocolate fudge frosting, you can get tubs of it in Tesco, buy 2 just in case!

http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=288730294

Should do the trick. When you're spreading the icing have a mug of hot water beside you to dip your knife into. A warm knife will make the chocolate spread easier and cleaner!

Best of luck

Sounds like a plan, and it's on special offer!
    That's me sorted, thanks a mill for your swift reply Cathmadoo and for the hot water tip :)

Advertisement