Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance

• 14-09-2016 8:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31

I got my insurance quote the other day for just over €1200 on my van its working out at €104 a month up from €550 the year before. How can they get away with robbing us like this? People out there marching over water bills this is what we need to start marching over

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 797 ✭✭✭cplwhisper

Commercial veh cover rates are up 45% on average on what you paid last year across all companies..
    Reasons - major increase in break-ins to vans/jeeps all year , everyone's knows someone who got fleeced, I know 4 guys(and a girl)

Thing that can help -
    If you are named ins partners private car then Axa will allow discount off 20 to 30% on rates. But subject that customer over 25, no claims on either veh in last 5 yrs and clean fill licences.

Adding partner, again 25 min age, full licence can reduce by 10%. The partner me get never drive the commercial but then again you might

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31 Paulieniceguy

I wish I was under 25 I wouldn't care how much my insurance was I'd have my youth. Lol

Don't want to say my age but I'm over 25 with close to 20 years no claims I think it's a f**king joke. Heard the other day government is getting involved sure they will probably f**k it up more

Advertisement