Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Watch software upgrade

Options
  • 14-09-2016 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

The "Watch" app in iOS10 is not letting me upgrade to Watchos3 - rather it tells me that my watchos 2.2.2 is up to date and will not give me an option to update to watchos3.

Any thoughts out there as to what the solution might be?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Definitely on iOS 10? Reboot both the phone and the watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Odiedog2

@Zcott; When you say reboot, do you mean a full power down (slide to power off) as opposed to a Reset?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

On the phone press and hold the power and home buttons until an apple appears on screen. Ignore the slide to power off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Odiedog2

That seems to have done the trick. Many thanks all.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Anyone else finding the original apple watch slower as a result of the upgrade?

Might be my imagination but it seems sluggish.

• Advertisement

Give it a few days and see what you think, or try a fresh install of watchOS. I found it a bit quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭RedLegend

Do you have to be running iOS 10 to update to watch os3?

RedLegend wrote: »

Think so.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

RedLegend wrote: »

Yes indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭ffocused

The battery in mine is down to 15% now from full charge this morning. I would have 40% + at this time of day before upgrade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

ffocused wrote: »
    The battery in mine is down to 15% now from full charge this morning. I would have 40% + at this time of day before upgrade.

That happened me after every watch update. I don't know if it's a glitch or if it's doing a lot of behind the scenes activity the first day. Rebooting the watch has always fixed it for me. I've had the beta for a few weeks and I've found the battery life a bit less than before but the watch is much snappier to use

Advertisement