Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

phone system for multiple numbers

Options
  • 14-09-2016 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭

can anyone here recommend a phone service or provider for calls that come into one number to be forwarded on to a choice of multiple phone numbers. Some thing like a Press 1 for A, Press 2 for B etc. We have an enquiry phone number but 3 branches that we cant divert calls to and either have to take a message or give out the direct line number to a caller which isnt very professional

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

It might be worth looking at one of the VOIP (voice over IP) providers, some of them offer a virtual PABX.

Goldfish.ie offer a service 'Call Director' which sounds like the type of IVR service you're looking for. I'm sure other providers offer similar services.

I use Goldfish for a single number and have had no problems with them, other than that I have no other connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Gmaximum

Graham wrote: »
    It might be worth looking at one of the VOIP (voice over IP) providers, some of them offer a virtual PABX.

+1 on this. What you're looking for is an IVR (interactive voice response). Any hosted/cloud based phone system worth it's salt will have this as a feature

Other companies offering this service are Blueface, Magnet, IP Telecom, Weltel. With all of them you'll be able to keep your existing numbers when the service is activated

Personally I'd go with a company who will provide the broadband service as well. as a quality service is vital for voice calls. When people call a fixed line number as they won't put up with poor call quality in the same way your mobile network may be forgiven at times for dropping calls etc.

If there is someone who uses the phones a lot such as a receptionist think about getting them involved in the decision making process as whatever you do will require some changes to the way they manage calls.

Advertisement