Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zinc or alternative

Options
  • 14-09-2016 11:04am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13

Hey all- does anyone know what I would expect to pay for zinc roof covering? (60sqm) I've head its expensive, and am considering an alternative called 'Vieo'

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 darragh_1

am interested in any view on this also

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Dr4gul4

Two things here...

I had zinc listed for specific sections on our roof, we ditched the idea in the end, in favour of Zinc Fascia and soffitt ( it's all you can see in sections ). and I had looked at Vieo, many say, " you cant tell the difference"

In terms of pricing, the fascia / soffitt is priced at €123 / meter Ex vat.

That's just the tender price, from the tender in front of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭kkelliher

Vieo is a alternative that works well. You are going to pay in the region of €85-95/m2 (based on a tender I had with 6 prices back all in this ballpark). Devil in the detailing as additional costs will apply for valleys, flashings, upstands etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 GLENNFALLON

Hi All. Can you guys pm these companies. I have 2 flats roofs to cover on a new build in Laois. One over a bay window and the other is a porch. I was at the self build in city west last week and I happen to ask certain company about zinc. They told me it was expensive. When I showed them my plans. They said a felt roof was the way to go and that they could do it for a few hundred euro. So I emailed the company with the plans and I got back a quote for €1645. Total roof size is 6 square metres. I thought this was crazy. Am I right to think that this alot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Dr4gul4

Hi All. Can you guys pm these companies. I have 2 flats roofs to cover on a new build in Laois. One over a bay window and the other is a porch. I was at the self build in city west last week and I happen to ask certain company about zinc. They told me it was expensive. When I showed them my plans. They said a felt roof was the way to go and that they could do it for a few hundred euro. So I emailed the company with the plans and I got back a quote for €1645. Total roof size is 6 square metres. I thought this was crazy. Am I right to think that this alot

Would you consider Fiberglass given the area ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 GLENNFALLON

I have been told that it's very ridged and might not be suitable. I was going to go down the DIY route and buy a roof membrane kit.

Advertisement