Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LGV rate applied to car on tollbridge due to tinted windows

• 14-09-2016 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 46

I don't often travel on the M1 but when I did in May and July I was charged €3.40 per toll by Easytrip instead of €1.75.
    I contacted Easytrip and was eventually advised as follows:

"The toll road are looking at the darker windows and are charging it as a car van, as I said we have it in as the correct class on our system.
    There is nothing we can do as it is in as the class 2 on our system. It is the toll themselves making the decision to change the class.
    All we can do is dispute the trips for you."

My car is a standard 1.4 runaround and the tinted windows were in the car when purchased new.
    Has anyone else had this issue ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

No idea why the windows have anything to do with it.

It's reading the tag so the car is listed as an LGV somewhere.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I've got sun shades all around the back of the car, so it looks tinted, never came across that. Any chance that your reg is down as a commercial vehicle somewhere?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I thought they checked the reg plate and rate was decided on that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭Homer

On the flip side.. If you have a small commercial car van just use the bucket lane and pay cash! Instant savings ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

My wife had a Megane hatchback, every time she went to the automated gate on the M4 toll it would charge commercial rate also... I assumed at the time they had some cameras that checked and the shape of the Megane was similar to a small van.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

I had a classic sports estate on a ZV plate get charged the commercial rate once too. looks a bit like a van.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭savagethegoat

They tried to charge my Focus as a a bus once, despite me being in the cash bin lane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭robbie99

This happened to me too - at a manned booth - on the M8/M7 toll near Portlaoise in 2010. Handed them a fiver for the 1.80 toll but when I checked the change later I discovered they charged me 3.20. Many phone calls later I was informed that 3.20 was the charge for a commercial vehicle and that if your car only has two doors and the operator can't see your back seats then they must charge you the commercial rate. My car was a 3 series coupé and my jacket was hanging over the rear window hiding the rear seats :rolleyes:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭savagethegoat

the charge is displayed though is it not? Just argue your case on the spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭DakarVert

In been asked is mine commercial.... (2Door hatch with limo tinted rears)

Said no and that was that. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement