Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Email from CreditControl@eircom.net

Options
  • 14-09-2016 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭

I received the following email today from the above email address. It seems like spam to me, but I don't want to delete if it's genuine. Can anyone confirm whether or not it's genuine?

Please find attached the invoice(s) raised on your account today. If you have more than one invoice they will all be in the single attachment above.

If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact the Credit Controller who deals with your account.
    Alternatively if you do not know the name of the Credit Controller you can contact us at:

CreditControl@eircom.net

Please do not reply to this E-mail as this is a forwarding address only.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭soups05

I got the same mail yesterday and also started a thread, no answer yet lol so I am assuming its spam and advise you do the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭eir: Stacey

abff wrote: »
    I received the following email today from the above email address. It seems like spam to me, but I don't want to delete if it's genuine. Can anyone confirm whether or not it's genuine?

Please find attached the invoice(s) raised on your account today. If you have more than one invoice they will all be in the single attachment above.

If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact the Credit Controller who deals with your account.
    Alternatively if you do not know the name of the Credit Controller you can contact us at:

CreditControl@eircom.net

Please do not reply to this E-mail as this is a forwarding address only.
    Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch. This looks to be a scam. We have been made aware of an increase in spam emails the past number of months. I have passed this onto the relevant team. We no longer use eircom.net email addresses. I would recommend deleting this & not to follow any links. 

Stacey

Advertisement