Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for loft insulation installers in Donegal

Options
  • 14-09-2016 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33,628 ✭✭✭✭

Want to get my loft insulated properly before the cold weather arrives.

Any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭Pique

https://hes.seai.ie/GrantProcess/ContractorSearch.aspx

There might still be a grant and this search will return the list of approved installers.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,628 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Pique wrote: »
    https://hes.seai.ie/GrantProcess/ContractorSearch.aspx

There might still be a grant and this search will return the list of approved installers.

So I sent an email a couple of days ago to 15 Donegal installers listed as doing roof/loft insulation on the SEAI website.

I got 1 reply, and that was from someone saying they were too far away to do it economically.

14 non-replies. Sometimes businesses can have no complaints when they struggle, Awful customer service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭Mackas_view

NIMAN wrote: »
    So I sent an email a couple of days ago to 15 Donegal installers listed as doing roof/loft insulation on the SEAI website.

I got 1 reply, and that was from someone saying they were too far away to do it economically.

14 non-replies. Sometimes businesses can have no complaints when they struggle, Awful customer service.

Did you try Donegal Insulation? They done my house a while back made a great job

Where are they based?
    I don't think they are on the official SEAI list?

• Registered Users Posts: 46,103 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Are the Dohertys up in Clonmany (office/premises in Derry) still into that game? I think they trade under North West Insulation Services. They are a long time in the business.

Also Gallen insulation in Ballybofey - best to ring them rather than use email but they're a bit away from you though. But if they had work in that area they would sort it out for you. PM me if you need a number to call.

• Advertisement

The Dohertys are still in business I think, just emailed them.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭Mackas_view

NIMAN wrote: »
    Where are they based?
    I don't think they are on the official SEAI list?

Buncrana I think 0749362549

Advertisement