Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Parts

Options
  • 14-09-2016 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hello,

I am looking for a bit of assistance with my vehicle.

it needs a new oxygen sensor for the front and anytime i ring a place to price them they ask if it is 4 wire of 6 wire. Im not to sure what this is and I can get a correct price for this part as i dont have this information. I brought the vehicle to the garage and they advised they only way they can tell is if they take it out but they wont be able to put it back in again.

I also contacted the main SEAT dealership where the vehicle was orignal bought from and they were unable to assist either.

I am just wondering if any of the car users with the same type car have any idea what is required.

It is a Seat Ibiza 02 1.2 Stella 3door hatchback.

thank you for your help :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

99% sure it'll be a 4 wire, replaced one in a polo a few years ago with a 1.2 12v in it, it was a 4 wire anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Are both available off the shelf, or is it a special order?

If available off the shelf start the work and if 4 wire variant doesn't fit, bring it back to the shop and replace for 6 wire variant.

All can be done while your mechanic is working on the car.

Or go to the garage and ask them to replace oxygen sensor and let them to the rest :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 br2016

Ya i rang one garage and they advised they had the 4wire one for a polo and they were sure it was the same. This is great help thank you so much

• Registered Users Posts: 30 AranLamb

No point guessing.

A lot of Motor factors list the parts based on your reg so try that first.

They are not hard got at (The sensor)

Maybe look online for tips on getting to the sensor, Then go ahead and take a look yourself.

If its a case that you are having a mechanic do the work, you could ask him to check in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭cajonlardo

Put your reg into vehicle indentifier on Micks Garage.com

Then select engine parts and then sensors. Select any sensor and it will state the number of poles and this is the number of wires.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Type your Reg in here and you'll get the chassis number. From that you should be able to determine what exactly was fitted to your car:

Www.targetcarparts.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 16,067 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

Type your Reg in here and you'll get the chassis number.
    Www.targetcarparts.ie

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Advertisement