Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to buy Laptop €500 - €550

Options
  • 14-09-2016 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭

I need to buy a Laptop in a hurry for college with a budget of €500 - €550.

Aside from general stuff it will need to handle some light CAD assignments.

I looked at the following 3 in Curry's & am seeking help choosing one.

HP Pavilion 15-au072sa

ASUS X555LA

LENOVO IdeaPad 510

Am open to looking at Dell too but they seem to start @ €599 but may have the most recent Processors?

Inspiron 15 5000

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭dreoilin

I recently bought the HP laptop you mentioned for college. All of my laptops have been HP and I've never had any issues with them. They just needed replacing 'cause they were old! Enjoying this one so far. 1TB is plenty of storage, but I tend to use sites like Dropbox anyway so that wasn't really a factor in my decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Tricky enough. If it was me though I'd plum for the Lenovo purely on the fact that it has a full HD IPS screen. You can always add more RAM later if you need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Both the HP and Lenovo have a Intel® Core™ i3-6100U Processor

The ASUS has a Intel® Core™ i5-5200U Processor

I wonder if there's a major or minimal difference between both?

Both the ASUS and Lenovo have 10/100/1000 Ethernet but the HP only has 10/100

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

The ASUS has a Intel® Core™ i5-5200U Processor

I wonder if there's a major or minimal difference between both?

Not much. i5 fares slightly better
    http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i5-5200U-vs-Intel-Core-i3-6100U

Advertisement