Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior cert

• 14-09-2016 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

What does 'supplementary report exists' mean on end of JC results. Got mine today but no report was there. Is it in everybody's results???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭livedadream

from examinations.ie

What is the format of the results?
    Initially schools and candidates are supplied with a provisional statement of results. A copy is provided for each candidate and a copy for retention by the school. A supplementary or extra statement is provided in any case where a candidate's result in a multi-component subject does not contain credit for an essential component. For example, if a candidate does not sit paper 1 in Irish he/she will get no credit for that paper in the overall grade. A supplementary statement will issue with that candidate's result confirming that no credit was given for paper 1. This allows the candidate to satisfy himself/herself that all components taken by him/her have been taken into account in determining his/her final grade. The actual Certificates of Examination Results are issued at the end of the year in which the examinations were hel

• Registered Users Posts: 36 student18

Thanks but I sat all papers. Still don't understand what it means

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭livedadream

student18 wrote: »
    Thanks but I sat all papers. Still don't understand what it means

how are you getting your junior cert results when your in DIT studying general science? weren't you posting before asking about induction? and about leaving cert points? random.

anyway just ask the school to clarify for you...

Forgot to add for clarification they asked me to post. My second son doesn't have a gmail a/c

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,252 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It means something wasn't marked. There may have been an allowance made for spelling or grammar if the candidate is dyslexic etc.
    It will say on the supplemental report what element it refers to.

• Advertisement

Thanks. He has dyspraxia and dyslexic tendencies but doesn't get any accommodations

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,252 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

student18 wrote: »
    Thanks. He has dyspraxia and dyslexic tendencies but doesn't get any accommodations

The supplemental report would indicate maybe he did. I would check with the school.
    Did any of his grades have an asterisk * beside them?

Advertisement