Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permission to Remain : Non-EU national married to EU national (in Ireland)

Options
  • 14-09-2016 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I'm a Canadian currently living in Ireland with my French husband. I have submitted my EU1 application as the non-EU spouse of an EU national. I received a registered letter last week requesting a few more documents, stating that the file should be processed by February 2017. Problem is, the visa stamp in my passport has expired and I need to travel next week. I'm concerned about re-entry to Ireland. Do I just need to request permission to remain and show the letter from the EU Treaty Rights unit? What should I expect when I re-enter?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 acm630

Hi kramer76, I'm a US citizen who just joined my Italian husband here in Ireland last week. I'm afraid I have no answer for your question, but I fear being in a similar situation before too long given the delays currently posted on the website! I was wondering, did you ever resolve your problem? And how long did it take you to receive the acknowledgment?

Incidentally, if you're amenable, I'd love to be in touch to pool any information or experiences regarding immigration and transition. This is my third round with dealing with immigration, and I've found that the best resources are invariably other people who are going through it or have just gone through it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 kramer76

Thankfully I managed to get into the GNIB before my travels and they issued a temporary stamp 4 residency card so I'm good until February now, when the EU1 application will be processed. I did email the EU Treaty Rights office around the same time I posted this message here and they send by registered mail a letter stating that I can go to the GNIB and receive temporary stamp 4. I received the letter from them after I already visited the GNIB but either way, it would have worked out. Thank God!

Great news; I'm glad to hear it! It's good to know that they're responsive despite the overload.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 30 JL2106

Mod
    offensive post deleted
    Poster banned for a week for abusive remark

• Advertisement
Advertisement