Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tata Consultancy Services - TCS -- Dublin (IT)

Options
  • 14-09-2016 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hi

Have been recently contacted by a recruitment agency for a role in TCS Dublin.
    As far as i can see , it is a consultancy company outsourcing indian resources for development.

I am a bit concerned about consultancy in general , because it means basically long working hours (probably weekends from time to time). And a lot of work done on customer site, which means "customer babysitting" and "do whatever is asked"

Is anybody in here working for TCS Dublin? Can you share your experience please?

If preferable, feel free to contact me privately

Thanks a mill

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Stay well clear - TCS are an absolute shambles of a company. Dont know how they are still in business

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Can you say more about this? A company of well over 320k people based in almost every country on the planet who've tripled revenue under their current CEO 5 years ahead of schedule and recently got an award for best IT partner? I think your statement needs further clarification.

And no I don't work for them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭D3V!L

You're basically on the button OP, it is customer baby sitting and without any backing or management from TCS.

I worked for them for a year and it was a nightmare. What they let go on behind the scenes would make the hairs on your neck stand up.

KEEP WELL AWAY !!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Alan2016

Thanks for your opinion lads.

I heard basically the same things around. Both from people who worked in there or collaborated with them in the past.

I mean, on the paper they are a huge company, as Mena wrote. They have diffent businesses though.

From an IT perspective, they claim to be different from all the other consultancy companies , but their approach is not so different at all.
    Rather than the quality of the product and the work-life balance of their employees, they care about earning and saving money.

The approach of outsourcing the development in India is not a winning strategy. And the people onsite, playing a centralized role between the customer and the developers, live a never ending nightmare.

Advertisement