Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 Via LCD Monitor ....?

Options
  • 14-09-2016 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭

:o Yeah. Ye read that right. I couldn't bloody make this up!

So; After all that back and forth, trying to get my old PS2 back in (visual) action? I've now ended up with a massive lump of a CRT TV and a PS3, giving me, of course, well below par visuals.

Plan B? Go out and buy a €150.00 flat TV with an HDMI plug hole. To take the lead that came with my PS3.

Only, last night, in a fit of curiosity, I upturned this new LCD screen of mine and, lo and behold ....! :eek:

Well, I shoved the HDMI lead in it. Stuck the other end in the PS3. Fired her up and ..........

Hmm. So; Is there something I need to do, to make it work? Or, am I just being silly, thinking I can run my computer and PS3 on the same screen?

Do I still need to go out and buy that TV?

Forgive me. I'm a pensioner. I didn't grow up with all this sort of thing :o

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Digiby

First of all make sure the LCD monitors source is on HDMI.

Second, I think with the PS3 you had to reset the video output if you were using the old scart/composite output. If this is still connected, then remove it first of all. When you power on the PS3 you need to hold the power down with your finger until you hear two beeps. Relase your finger after you hear the second beep. This should reset the video signal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Stigura

Digiby wrote: »
    First of all make sure the LCD monitors source is on HDMI.

Okay. Any idea how I might do that, please?

Or, on second thoughts? Thankyou, very much. This is really about all I need to know. See; If I mess with it? I'm bound to end up stuck in limbo. Right now, I can play on the old TV. I'll lose that capability, if I start messing.

I have a young mate who's completely fluent in PS's and such. He's up to his eyes right now. But, I'll stick with the TV, till he has time to get here and sort this out in minutes.

What I won't do is shell out on a new TV though! :D

Excellent! This saves me €150.00 and gives me something fantastic to look forward to! Thanks!

" /thread ".

Advertisement