Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I was lied by the Eircom sales agent...

Options
  • 14-09-2016 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭

[font=Walsheim-Regular, Arial, sans-serif]I've made a horrible decision switching to Eircom Broadband... Originally I was with Imagine. On 21/06/2016 an Eircom agent came in to my house, pushing to switch to Eircom broadband. It sounded like I would benefit from Eircom more, so I agreed. Signed everything. The agent Jason stated that "Eir will contact Imagine on your behalf, cancel your current service and set up one with us".[/font]

[font=Walsheim-Regular, Arial, sans-serif]That last part was a lie. I have received a letter from Imagine now threatening me with legal action if I won't pay two unpaid bills. When I called Imagine to ask about what's going on they told me that nobody contacted them about cancelling my service...[/font]

[font=Walsheim-Regular, Arial, sans-serif]I contacted Eircom Web Support. Asked about the procedure regarding switching broadband providers and here's the response I received from the Support Agent: "Yes indeed, we will contact them and cancel your current service and place a new order with Eir". I asked the agent a number who to call about this. To get proof that Eircom contacted Imagine that I am switching providers. Agent gave me the number. I called in and what do I get?.... "Sorry, you had to cancel your service yourself... I can't help you with anything here".[/font]

[font=Walsheim-Regular, Arial, sans-serif]That is some quality service... Lying to get a sale and put you under contract. And after that they can treat you like piece of sh*t and you can deal with any problems yourself... I will never recommend anyone switching to Eircom, nor to trust to any of sales agents words.[/font]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

RobiePAX wrote: »
    [font=Walsheim-Regular, Arial, sans-serif]I've made a horrible decision switching to Eircom Broadband... Originally I was with Imagine. On 21/06/2016 an Eircom agent came in to my house, pushing to switch to Eircom broadband. It sounded like I would benefit from Eircom more, so I agreed. Signed everything. The agent Jason stated that "Eir will contact Imagine on your behalf, cancel your current service and set up one with us".[/font]

[font=Walsheim-Regular, Arial, sans-serif]That last part was a lie. I have received a letter from Imagine now threatening me with legal action if I won't pay two unpaid bills. When I called Imagine to ask about what's going on they told me that nobody contacted them about cancelling my service...[/font]

[font=Walsheim-Regular, Arial, sans-serif]I contacted Eircom Web Support. Asked about the procedure regarding switching broadband providers and here's the response I received from the Support Agent: "Yes indeed, we will contact them and cancel your current service and place a new order with Eir". I asked the agent a number who to call about this. To get proof that Eircom contacted Imagine that I am switching providers. Agent gave me the number. I called in and what do I get?.... "Sorry, you had to cancel your service yourself... I can't help you with anything here".[/font]

[font=Walsheim-Regular, Arial, sans-serif]That is some quality service... Lying to get a sale and put you under contract. And after that they can treat you like piece of sh*t and you can deal with any problems yourself... I will never recommend anyone switching to Eircom, nor to trust to any of sales agents words.[/font]
    Hi  RobiePAX,

Thanks for getting in touch, I'm so sorry to hear of these issues in moving your service to eir.
    Can you PM me your account number and I will take a look into this?

-Pamela 

Advertisement