Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Music

Options
  • 14-09-2016 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭

So can anyone give a report on how Apple Music is now working in IOS10?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Great.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Depends what you mean by Apple Music.

The streaming service itself (like what Spotify offers) is fine and always was and will outpace most of the competition pretty soon.

The iCloud Music Library backend was a mess. It has improved recently (less mismatching, no more DRMing of local tracks) but will probably takes years to to fix fully. It went down for a couple of hours when iOS 10 came out. The danger of losing playlists or having artwork etc messed up is high. Anyone with large music libraries need to ensure they have a backup.

The new interface is controversial but I find it a big improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Depends what you mean by Apple Music.

The streaming service itself (like what Spotify offers) is fine and always was and will outpace most of the competition pretty soon.

The iCloud Music Library backend was a mess. It has improved recently (less mismatching, no more DRMing of local tracks) but will probably takes years to to fix fully. It went down for a couple of hours when iOS 10 came out. The danger of losing playlists or having artwork etc messed up is high. Anyone with large music libraries need to ensure they have a backup.

Sorry yes i should have phrased my question differently, I was referring to the revamped streaming service.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 mynextdevice

The newly designed layout on the Apple TV is much better also.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

My issue with the new layout is that I'm not a subscriber to Apple Music and even though I have it turned off in settings, the icon for Radio still appears in the bottom menu in between Library and Search taking up a spot that could be used for something I'll actually use.

In IOS9 I used to have Artists and Playlists in the bottom menu and used whichever to select the music I wanted to listen to. Now these are contained within the 'Library' so it's an extra click each time I want to change. If they just let me remove the radio option and go back to having artists/playlists on the bottom menu, it'd be much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I think Beats1 is free to listen to, could be wrong, but that would be why the radio tab shows. They should just let you use the music app as normal though, instead of forcing it upon you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

DubDJ wrote: »
    I think Beats1 is free to listen to, could be wrong, but that would be why the radio tab shows. They should just let you use the music app as normal though, instead of forcing it upon you.

Ah yes. I just tried and I can listen to beats1. Not my thing at all so I'd prefer to have the option to hide that button

Advertisement