Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giro d’Italia 2017 - General thread

Options
  • 14-09-2016 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭

To keep the Grand Tour cold turkeys at bay I,ll get the 2017 GT season threads underway

The 2017 race will start in Sardinia with 3 stages on the island. The full race route will be announced on October 25th.
    it is a great pride for me to know that the Giro is starting from my land,” Sardinian Fabio Aru (Astana), second in the 2015 Giro and winner of the 2015 Vuelta a España, told La Gazzetta dello Sport. “It would be great to line up and to participate next year. In November, we will make plans for 2017.

“In 2007, I was in Alghero. I did a mountain bike race and stopped to see the passage of the Giro.”
    Likely to be on the menu are summit finishes to the Oropa Sanctuary, the Stelvio Pass, the Pordoi Pass, and the Piancavallo ski resort in the Dolomites.

http://velonews.competitor.com/2016/09/giro-ditalia/giro-unveils-3-stage-island-start-sardinia-2017_420682

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

100th edition 2017 Route announcement in progress at the moment so should be able to see it online shortly. I wonder what big names will go for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭neris

The Grande Partenza will set things off in Sardinia on May 5 in Alghero with a lengthy 203km road race to Olbia and overall winner will be crowned three weeks later upon its conclusion following a flat 28km time trial to Milan on May 28.

The route will showcase some of the most famous mountain passes used in the history of the Italian Grand Tour with climbs that include Blockhaus, Mortirolo, Stelvio, Umbrail Pass, Monte Grappa and Pordoi, to name a few.

giro_d_italia_2017_overall_map_670.jpg

Advertisement