Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teachers' trust in principals.

Options
  • 14-09-2016 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭

At the secondary school I attended, it was made clear to all students by the principal and the deputy principal that disrespect towards teachers would be taken very seriously.

I hope that teachers in this country, in general, trust their principals.

I believe that no principal who is a union member will want to be accused of being disloyal to staff. Furthermore, no principal who is a union member will want the ignominy of being thrown out of the union.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,311 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Your point being...?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭political analyst

endacl wrote: »
    Your point being...?

My point is that, generally, principals are on the same side as ordinary teachers. Why wouldn't they be?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,311 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Your point being...?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭2011abc

So is it these warm hearted principals responsible for bundling up jobs into tiny parcels to ensure servile new staff afraid not to be seen in car park /Staffroom 8am-6pm ( and time is increasing all the time ) .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

At the secondary school I attended, it was made clear to all students by the principal and the deputy principal that disrespect towards teachers would be taken very seriously.

I hope that teachers in this country, in general, trust their principals.

I believe that no principal who is a union member will want to be accused of being disloyal to staff. Furthermore, no principal who is a union member will want the ignominy of being thrown out of the union.

Yes, and I believe that children like Ice Cream.

Thread closed.

Mod

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement