Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kishoge railway station

• 14-09-2016 8:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭

What's the story with Kishoge railway station? I find it absolutely insane that there is a multi-million euro piece of infrastructure sitting idle, next to housing estates with thousands (tens of thousands?) of people, and sitting on a major commuting corridor.

With the opening of the Phoenix Park tunnel in the near future, this would be an ideal way for Lucaners/Lucanites/Luconians to get into town.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,611 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I don't know the details, but Kishoge railway station was paid for by the developer as part of the terms of the planning permission he got for 1,000 homes in the area. Of course the homes never materialised because of the recession

Seems a waste of it sitting there fully / nearly fully complete while it could be handy for a lot of people in the area. Hell, I'm only back dropping herself into Adamstown railway station (over 3km away) because of the bus strike while Kishoge railway station is about 300m from where I am sitting now. If the train going into town stopped at Heuston, Connolly and Pearse, I'm sure there would be hundreds of people taking it over the 25A / 25B / 151 bus services every day

I did see a few vans and half a dozen workmen at the station a few weeks ago. Not sure what they were doing though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,853 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

unkel wrote: »
    I don't know the details, but Kishoge railway station was paid for by the developer as part of the terms of the planning permission he got for 1,000 homes in the area. Of course the homes never materialised because of the recession

Seems a waste of it sitting there fully / nearly fully complete while it could be handy for a lot of people in the area. Hell, I'm only back dropping herself into Adamstown railway station (over 3km away) because of the bus strike while Kishoge railway station is about 300m from where I am sitting now. If the train going into town stopped at Heuston, Connolly and Pearse, I'm sure there would be hundreds of people taking it over the 25A / 25B / 151 bus services every day

I did see a few vans and half a dozen workmen at the station a few weeks ago. Not sure what they were doing though...

The tunnel brings alot of potential, it be a handy way home for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,328 ✭✭✭alias no.9

The train will never stop at both Heuston and Connolly unless they build an additional platform at the entrance to the tunnel, this platform would be ~1km from the Heuston Luas stop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,611 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Well I guess Heuston is a completely Heusless station anyway :p

Train stations 2km outside of the city centre? What muppet thought that was a good idea? :rolleyes:

Have a look at any city in the Netherlands. Any train station is right bang in the middle of the city centre...

alias no.9 wrote: »
    The train will never stop at both Heuston and Connolly unless they build an additional platform at the entrance to the tunnel, this platform would be ~1km from the Heuston Luas stop.

In fairness 1km is not much of a distance, alot of big train stations around the world have long walks from where it pulls in

• Advertisement

Well I guess Heuston is a completely Heusless station anyway :p

Train stations 2km outside of the city centre? What muppet thought that was a good idea? :rolleyes:

Have a look at any city in the Netherlands. Any train station is right bang in the middle of the city centre...

The same idiot that built adamstown station miles from adamstown!!

Advertisement