Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit card charges written off?

• 14-09-2016 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Recently I closed my account and credit card to move banks.

The process took quite some time and once it was finally was done I realised I had been charged the government stamp duty again. I started to follow this up as I felt it was wrongly charged but I got side tracked and forgot.

A few days ago I decided I'd better check to see if the GSD charge was still there and if it was follow it up.

However the fee now appears as written off and it seems I'm unable to pay it? I didn't expect this to happen without some kind of written warning and now I'm a bit concerned as to what implications this will have. Has anyone had a similar problem and what was the outcome?

I'm happy to pay it but I no longer can.

Thanks

Advertisement