Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Security for a small gym, help needed

Options
  • 14-09-2016 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭

Hiya guys

The local GAA club has recently installed a gym at their grounds. The gym is situated in one room with one door and 4 windows. I am just worried that some cnuts might rob the equipment as a quad bike was stolen from a locked storage area a number of years ago.

My question is there any monitored alarm system which would be suitable? Perhaps a camera which becomes active once movement is sensed and then the security company can see the camera? And if a threat is seen a number of contact numbers would receive a call.

The gym is very close to a number of houses and it would really only be at night that an issue could occur. Any advice would be appreciated as I haven't a clue about this stuff.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

When you say the security company can see the camera do you mean via a monitoring station who will contact the Guards/keyholders?
    Any monitored system will do this on an alarm activation anyway.
    Verified alarms get Garda response. This can be visual or activation of 2 zones.
    All verified alarms are treated the same so cameras for this purpose are going to make little difference.
    With cameras you can start with something as simple as a WiFi camera viewable from an app to a full CCTV system that's recording 24 hours.
    Any budget in mind?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

KoolKid wrote: »
    When you say the security company can see the camera do you mean via a monitoring station who will contact the Guards/keyholders?
    Any monitored system will do this on an alarm activation anyway.
    Verified alarms get Garda response. This can be visual or activation of 2 zones.
    All verified alarms are treated the same so cameras for this purpose are going to make little difference.
    With cameras you can start with something as simple as a WiFi camera viewable from an app to a full CCTV system that's recording 24 hours.
    Any budget in mind?

I suppose the problem is that a lot of people gave keys to the gym and they come and go at random times, so it would be hard to set an alarm as it might get set off alot by people using it late. I thought maybe if it was monitored by a person they could ignore someone just entering the gym late to do exercise and raise the alarm if someone was removing equipment

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Here's an idea just off the top of my head.
    Install a basic alarm and set up with 2 areas.
    Have normal pedestrian doors on area 1 and the larger bigger doors on area 2. Arm area 2 and set that up to alert you if activated.

Advertisement