Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wow dress for wedding

• 14-09-2016 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭

Has anyone seen anything fabulous? :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

You might want to give us a little more to go on.

Zara have some pretty cool stuff in at the moment though, and Asos have a "wedding guest" sections thats constantly being updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Smile111

I love the full skirts dresses on people but they do nothing for me.
    I am size 10/12, 5'3. Just looking for something for family wedding that you would not wear every day.
    I have tended to be very safe so this time want to be a bit more adventurous.
    I am willing to spend money on something. Thanks a mil:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I'd put in a punt for something vintagey, if you can pull it off. 1950's tea dress or similar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭fits

Whats your budget?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭fits

• Advertisement

Yeah saying you've money to spend is subjective.... so how much? ;)

If you've €300ish to spend, then Self Portrait in BT2 have some stunning pieces.

I'd also go to Ted Baker in Kildare Village and look towards their more expensive dresses.

Finally, Arnotts and House of Fraser both have really good selections of wedding appropriate dresses in that €200-400 price point.

Thanks. Have had a look at Ted Baker and actually Self Portrait. I think it's cos I am looking I cannot see anything!

That pink dress would not be for me. Sorry.

Well Self Portrait just showed at NYFW so I'd expect some of that stuff to filter down pretty quickly. If you're on Insta, follow their account - the looks are unreal.

I wouldnt be so into the vintage dress thing myself either, I'd prefer something more fashion forward.

This is probably my favourite of what they have in stock right now.
    http://www.brownthomas.com/dresses/floral-vine-embroidery-dress/invt/17x5472xsp10092&bklist=icat,3,brand,selfportrait,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Rosie's closet keeps popping up on my Facebook. Some of the things on that are really wow!

• Advertisement

Thanks guys. That self portrait dress is lovely. If only I looked like her:P

I might even go for a cheaper dress and accessorize with a nice fascinator and nice shoes.

I think it's all in the way you wear it. A Penneys dress could look a million dollars on someone:)

I'll keep searching :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

I don't know what part of the country you're living in but I was in Gorey recently and they have some really nice boutiques. Ruby Rouge really had some special pieces!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I'm the same height/size as you and I got the most beautiful dress for a recent family wedding in a boutique in Shannon (Sash, in the town centre) - I paid €90 which I thought was a bargain, but I just searched for it online when I saw your thread and it's half price now!
    http://sashfashiononline.com/product/bardot-style-flower-print-dress-high-low-dip/
    I'm generally a size 10 but needed the 12 in this, and the one they have left is a 12!
    Website is worth a look in general. Hope you find something gorgeous!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭jos28

Some gorgeous dresses on there Dee, some great bargains to be had. Bookmarked that one, cheers.

Thanks Dee.That dress is nice.Also that Reiss dress is nice. I think I might have become too fussy.

Advertisement