Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "new look" myhome.ie

Options
  • 14-09-2016 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭

Sorry is it just me or is the new look myhome.ie absolutely brutal?

Any query input into it takes an age. And they've also gotten rid of the one-click "recently added"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

Awful and it doesn't work properly on a tablet so pretty much unusable for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Complete backwards step

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I didn't think it was as popular these days anyway. Daft seems to be more widely used.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

I am shocked their tech team has been allowed mess up to such an extent. Some amateur mistakes been made.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Toots wrote: »
    I didn't think it was as popular these days anyway. Daft seems to be more widely used.

I preferred the old my home to daft and prefer the my home app. I had always thought of daft as for rentals and my home for buying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

It's absolute muck. Unfortunately I'm forced to use it as there are occasionally houses on it that do not appear on daft.

The mobile app is almost completely unusable.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,969 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Not as easy to use as the former one for sure.

If it's not broken, why flippin fix it.

Daft and Myhome should merge really at this stage and have ONE BIG site.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭sapper

Mink wrote: »
    The mobile app is almost completely unusable.

I get the impression they've given up on the app. The desktop site looks like its supposed to optimised for mobile.

I used to like myhome as it was much easier then daft to see new properties - just type in the /recent/dublin (for example) url in your address bar. I mean anyone seriously looking for a new house (to rent or buy) is going on to the site multiple times a day and doesnt want to wait for it to load up and then have to select from 2 dropdowns (one which is very slow to load).

A big cock up - I going to have to train up on daft and say goodbye to it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

Complete backwards step

Totally agree. Where's the map view gone ? And, where is the map view for sold properties/price history ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Kings Inns or bust

It's all the rage recently, sure everyone is doing it!

/hides from Gordon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I can't even login on the app anymore.
    It asked for 'user field' to be filled, but there isn't one!

Takes an age to search... keeps asking me to login...
    How the hell did this get past testing?
    Did they even bother?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I've been getting that user id issue on the app the last week or so, tells me the field can't be blank or something like that despite everything being filled in. The email notifications became non existent until yesterday or the day before when they started to come through again.

I sent them a mail this morning detailing my problems.
    I'll let you know if I hear back!

(and of course, once emailed... the website all of a sudden actually starts working like it should! :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Macstuff

It's awful - really awful.
    When you do a search it takes ages to download the search results - especially if there are a number of search results. If you click on a link to a particular house, that too takes ages to load. The map feature is a huge step backwards - it's impossible to tell where a house is located, even if you know the area.
    They have removed the thumbnail images on the results page - I used to use these to decide what houses to look at if I didn't have much time to browse. They have also removed the ability to search by houses added since a particular time period.
    I used to check the site daily. Since the change I have checked it about 3 times, but only to see if any of the glitches have been fixed. I have no idea who thought the new site was a good idea. I imagine traffic levels have plummeted.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Toots wrote: »
    My understanding from talking to estate agents when I was looking last year is that Daft is more popular for rentals but myhome is more popular for sales.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

The speeds seem a little slow but nothing out of the ordinary. I can see thumbnails of each property on th results page. There's still a map on the individual property page.

Genealogy Forum Mod

pinkypinky wrote: »
    The speeds seem a little slow but nothing out of the ordinary. I can see thumbnails of each property on th results page. There's still a map on the individual property page.

Probably highlights that no cross-browser testing was carried out...

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭zac8

Search function doesn't seem to work at all on Firefox.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Its a shambles, I cant comprehend how anyone let that out into production.

I have been using http://oldwww.myhome.ie as a workaround

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Pending

Rew wrote: »
    Its a shambles, I cant comprehend how anyone let that out into production.

I have been using http://oldwww.myhome.ie as a workaround

Fantastic! Thanks for the link

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭sapper

I also can't log in to the app to see and save favourites - telling me it needs username even though all fields are filled. App still has the old style/skin so isn't part of the upgrade plan obviously.

I mean this is a business - the countries estate agents pay good money for eyeballs on the site

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭groovyg

They made a complete ar** of it. On the old site when you were looking at a house if you clicked on the location you could see other houses for sale in the area, that function doesn't seem to be there any more. Hasn't worked well on my ipad, and constantly freezes on chrome.

If I was Daft I would be all over this, hitting up the EA's that don't use them to get on board and some marketing to the buyers out there on site...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

I have found that it will not work on Firefox - works ok on MS Edge

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Where has the map function gone??? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

i always use DAFT, but the myHome update looks well.

i always use DAFT, but the myHome update looks well.

Pity about the zero UX

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭groovyg

http://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/homes-and-property/myhome-ie-enhances-website-with-new-user-friendly-features-1.2790753
    Myhome.ie enhances website with new user-friendly features

New elements to allow users to save property searches and to search by commute time
    Property website myhome.ie is pinning its colours to the mast of growth in the residential property market with the launch of a number of user-friendly enhancements to its website.
    Rolled out on the website in recent days – the app will follow this weekend – new features allow users to save property searches and even to search by commute time. So if you will simply not tolerate a commute time of longer than 30 minutes to/from work just punch the details into the search engine, giving your work location and it will return the properties for sale within that journey time.
    Myhome.ie, which is owned by The Irish Times, has also drawn on data from the Central Statistics Office (CSO) and Google for a new Neighbourhood Guide that gives prospective home buyers detailed information such as age profiles and demographic make-up of residents in various areas. Nearby amenities such as schools, public services, sports clubs, restaurants, bars etc can also be viewed based on GoogleMaps data. Users can also improve their searches by compiling a shortlist of favourite properties, and searching for agents either by locality or name.
    A year in the development, myhome.ie managing director Angela Keegan says the changes are in direct response to user feedback and engagement. “We wanted to create a one-stop-shop for people planning to make the biggest financial decision they will probably ever make. They’re not just looking for a house, but a place to live.”
    Keegan is confident too that the shortage of stock in the second-hand property market in the capital is easing, citing an increase in such houses coming up for sale. Last week, she says, 366 new second-hand properties were placed on the market in Dublin marking a significant increase on the previous five months.

user friendly!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

We lost the map view just so they could make it look 'nicer' and add the commute time search query. Idiots
    Now I have to waste my time clicking on places allegedly in a nice area, but actually in a shít area beside the nice area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭tawfeeredux

I always liked the 'On View' feature on the old site. New site has an option for open viewings but it brings up no results. Still works fine on the old site.

They've basically decided to let the users do the testing, maybe they figured it'd be cheaper from a development point of view :rolleyes:.

Advertisement