Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "new look" myhome.ie

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

It was working for me yesterday evening on the new site. However the advanced search filters have gone to ****e, and when there's more than 1 page of results and you click on a subsequent page, it won't load and tell you there's nothing more. They seem to be hacking away at it as they hours go by.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭carolmon

i can't get past the first page.........i can load the county and price then when i hit search nothing.........useless!!

Also can't click into any of the ads on the home page

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭mydarkstar

They've added a Recently Updated button onto the main page thankfully. The search result for using this button isn't actually accurate though, some recent properties for Dublin are actually a month old in random counties.

The map view for a property is still awful. It only shows the property in question. Unless u click on the Similar Properties option at the top of the map, but these aren't genuinely comparable properties - even when I know there is a similar two bed a few streets over for €xxx, it won't show it on the map but instead will show 3beds a mile away for +100k.

I've never been keen on Daft for looking up For Sale houses. But I'm finding it preferable to the new improved MyHome.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭EmmaMurray2016

I had to email My Home last week as for a few weeks I can't log in and save properties. They said they are aware of the logging in issue but I still can't log in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Sarn

I can't login either. Password has been reset a few times but no joy. The whole site update is a big step back as far as I am concerned. The map view is very poor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

whiskeyman wrote: »
    I sent them a mail this morning detailing my problems.
    I'll let you know if I hear back!

(and of course, once emailed... the website all of a sudden actually starts working like it should! :pac:)

I sent them a mail too...no response. :(

I think the new site is poor and very slow. They only part thats somewhat interesting is the new info about a town.

I also couldnt get the commute time part to work either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

I hates it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,683 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Broke all my saved searches and map functionality has been a huge regression. Most dropdowns also don't render right, and I'm not sure how commute times would make much of a diff for buying a house (surely people would investigate themselves and work out the areas they like rather than rely on a website which will always give the best times possible).

However, myhome has always been the best place for sales, daft for renting.

astrofool wrote: »

However, myhome has always been the best place for sales, daft for renting.

I would agree.

Don't forget to look at the likes of DGN Auctioneers etc also, I would have only looked on Daft and My Home only and forget about the auctioneers. Saw a few different houses not on daft etc ;)
    You might find your dream home elsewhere.

How do people release something thats not fit for purpose?? Is it developed internally and they're using feedback to find the myriad bugs...or did they contract it out to somebody in India, give poor specs and not check the delivered product??

Or perhaps they've built a new program thats incompatible with the existing databases... Sounds a bit like the first Obamacare program roll-out.

Either way, its either incompetence or a cynical approach to costs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

Impressive. This is still not running. Hanging on searches, of you can enter the criteria for a search. Hadn't checked in a couple of weeks as I was using oldwww.

Assume everyone has given up on it and using oldwww or daft. Wonder how bad their traffic is now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I'm all for updating look and feel every so often, but I can't find the two features I use most often...
    map search
    On view list

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I'm all for updating look and feel every so often, but I can't find the two features I use most often...
    map search
    On view list

If you click on Open Viewings on the home page it'll give you a list of on-view properties.

The map search isn't there anymore from what I can see. There is a Similar Properties option to tick when you have opened a map for one selected property - unfortunately the results it gives are not 'similar' at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,022 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I emailed them 8 days ago asking what the story with the map search functionality was. They replied and said it would be back in a few days. Still no sign of it.

This is your standard website upgrade nonsense. They contract in some crowd who charge them a huge amount of money. Result is usually slicker looking with less functionality. The contractors then charge more to replace the 'missing' features because someone forgot to put them in the original spec which was part of the contract. Boards.ie have done this a lot over the last few years too i.e. ui overhauls for no apparent reason

ixus wrote: »
    Impressive. This is still not running. Hanging on searches, of you can enter the criteria for a search. Hadn't checked in a couple of weeks as I was using oldwww.

Assume everyone has given up on it and using oldwww or daft. Wonder how bad their traffic is now.

I'm just on Daft all the time now as I save as I go along. Can't even log in to save houses.

mydarkstar wrote: »
    If you click on Open Viewings on the home page it'll give you a list of on-view properties.

The map search isn't there anymore from what I can see. There is a Similar Properties option to tick when you have opened a map for one selected property - unfortunately the results it gives are not 'similar' at all.

Map View is back! It 'seems' to be working okay.
    If you select an area/postcode on the main page and then 'Search' it'll bring up the results as List View - this can then be changed to Map View using the options along the top.

I was able to log in this morn for the first time in months. Brill. Back to saving properties now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Map view from oldwww.myhome.ie is now redirecting to the map view standard myhome site.
    Is it just me or is the new map view shít

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Anyone able to log in on the iphone app? Still saying 'User name should not be empty'!!

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭MaudL

TRS30 wrote: »
    Anyone able to log in on the iphone app? Still saying 'User name should not be empty'!!

Same for me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭HiGlo

This is the still the same for me. The app STILL doesn't work. It's so annoying. I hardly ever use it now but I'm looking to buy something so it's frustrating not being able to use this app properly.... :(

Advertisement