Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change of customer name

Options
  • 15-09-2016 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I would like to change the customer name or if possible include my name as well of the connection that I am using as I would be managing the payment of the electric bills from this month. It is currently in the name of my roommate. Kindly advice me how I can go about this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi Ravz,

Thank you for your post.

In order to change the name on the account, we would need to set up a new account in your name and issue a final bill in your housemate's name.

We would require the following information to proceed with this:

- Your full name
    - Your account number (if you previously had an Electric Ireland account)
    - Your address
    - Your contact number and date of birth
    - Confirmation you are the account holder (a sentence stating this is sufficient, and only required if you previously had an Electric Ireland account)
    - The MPRN or GPRN
    - The meter reading taken the day you are taking responsibility

We do need to make you aware that you may be required to pay a security deposit of €300 if you do not wish to pay by direct debit.

If you would like to set up on direct debit on your account, you would be able to avail of savings of up to 5.5% and no deposit would be required. See here for details relating to these savings. There is a further 3% available for customers that have both gas and electricity with us.

We are unable to take bank details through Boards.ie, but you can sign up online through the link above or by calling our colleagues in the Sales team on 1850 305 090 (open until 8pm tonight).

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
    Aoife

________

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ravz

Personal details removed as it's really not a good idea putting that sort of thing on a public forum.

Ravz, please PM these details to the Electric Ireland reps and they'll deal with your query.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi Ravz,

Thanks for your message.

Do send us the required details by private message when you can - here is the direct link for private messaging us.

To open an account in your name (which will automatically close the account in your room-mate's name) send us a meter-reading taken on the day your room-mate moves out (or a current meter-reading if they have already moved out) or whichever date from which you wish to be registered, and confirm the date of this reading to us also.

Regards,
    Una

Advertisement