Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Kidds: 762 and 556 - Thoughts?

Options
  • 15-09-2016 2:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭

Just wondering what ye're thoughts are on the new Kidd barrels, the 762 (bottom) and 556 (top) in black and stainless.

Building a new kit out of all the spare bits and was thinking about a 762.

Not usually the first Kidd on the block to get new toys, maybe, I'll get one for review?

Thoughts? Anyone see one in person yet?

Not sure how it would look built up. Not sure about the tire tread pattern.

With a muzzle cap you're at $300. Not cheap either side of the pond.

kidd_zpsq6e1dwnk.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

An extra $100 for some fancy CNC work = not for me.
    it won't shoot any better than the standard KIDD bull barrels. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'd say save your $$ towards on that March scope for the 50cal, or another stalking scope. :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭cw67irl

If they came in 16 inch id probably get one for a look at it. 18 would be too long for my liking. Although a 200usd barrel retails here north of 400eu. The 300usd could be touching 600 here. I cant see too many lads dropping that for some fancy fluting

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭jb88

Barrel harmonics vs fluted barrels might be something to consider, if you do some research into this topic, im sure we would all rather have better accuracy vs a lighter barrel

The heavier the barrel the better the accuracy. Fluting messes with ballistic harmonics, and that may not be good for accuracy.

Now they look great and no one is going to ever out shoot their barrel so if you like new designs get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

jb88 wrote: »
    Barrel harmonics vs fluted barrels might be something to consider, if you do some research into this topic, im sure we would all rather have better accuracy vs a lighter barrel

The heavier the barrel the better the accuracy. Fluting messes with ballistic harmonics, and that may not be good for accuracy.

Now they look great and no one is going to ever out shoot their barrel so if you like new designs get one.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Fcuk that sh1t. We want guns that look cool as fcuk. :cool: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭arrowloopboy

Absolutely hideous ,looks like some one rolled a sheet of chequer plate :eek:.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Absolutely hideous ,looks like some one rolled a sheet of chequer plate :eek:.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder as they say. I think it looks good.

Advertisement