If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

55 inch 4k request

Options
  • 15-09-2016 6:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭

Hi there, I'm looking for a 55 inch 4K TV.

I'm looking at LG and Samsung, 

You have these LGs available for delivery:

LG 55UH770V €1299
    LG 55UH661V €1129
    LG 55UH750V €1099

What's the difference between them? The only thing I can spot is the 770V being 200Hz, but what separates out the other 2?

On the Samsung, only the UE55KU6500 seems to fit the budget / size, but this seems to be collect only?

Any comments on the Sony KD55XD7005 or the Panasonic TX55DX600B, spec wise compared to the models above

And, can you confirm the 6 yr guarantee is really included in the pice of the TVs?

Oh, and, delivery, how much is it to Limerick?

Thanks!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

CGI_3 wrote: »
    Hi there, I'm looking for a 55 inch 4K TV.

I'm looking at LG and Samsung, 

You have these LGs available for delivery:

LG 55UH770V €1299
    LG 55UH661V €1129
    LG 55UH750V €1099

What's the difference between them? The only thing I can spot is the 770V being 200Hz, but what separates out the other 2?

On the Samsung, only the UE55KU6500 seems to fit the budget / size, but this seems to be collect only?

Any comments on the Sony KD55XD7005 or the Panasonic TX55DX600B, spec wise compared to the models above

And, can you confirm the 6 yr guarantee is really included in the pice of the TVs?

Oh, and, delivery, how much is it to Limerick?

Thanks!
    Hi CGi_3 thanks for the post.

The differences between the 3 are that they are all slightly different refresh rates, - looking at the spec on uk site - http://www.richersounds.com/compareproducts they are 1700PMI, 1900PMI and 2500PMI respectively
    Also between the 750 and 770, the higher model is SuperUHD, the new classification for 4k with strict guidelines which the other 2 models wouldn't be

On the other models, I personally tend to prefer Panasonics, both for picture quality and for the Smart interface, although the DX600 is a bit of a lower model than the likes of the Sony and the LG UH770. 
    Of all of the models above personally my money would be on the LG 55UH770

If you could up your budget slightly, I'd say look at the Panasonic TX58DX750 - http://www.richersounds.ie/p-201900-viera-tx58dx750b.aspx at £1049 - This is a cracker of a screen and a good high refresh rate etc on it

Have a look at these and let me know what you think

Cheers
    Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭CGI_3

Sorry for the slow response. Had a look at the suggested 58 inch. This prompted an evaluation of size. One cardboard template later, and I've come to the conclusion it is a size too far. even the 55 inch is too much when I'm honest about it. 

So, I'm now looking at 49 / 50 inch variants.

Happy to look at Panasonic.
    Final short list is down to one of these 2:
    The TX50DX700B at 950 euros and
    The TX50DX750B at 1140 euros.

Question: is the 750B worth the extra?

Or, would I be as well consider the LG49UH770V in the middle at 1099 euro

Just checked the pricing again after midnight, and they've all jumped up in price! What happened?
    950 gone to 989
    1099 gone to 1124
    1139 gone to 1199

Thanks!!

edit: the increased price is when you go to the compare screen with the three of them, they are still the original pricing from the main listings.

Sorry for the slow response. Had a look at the suggested 58 inch. This prompted an evaluation of size. One cardboard template later, and I've come to the conclusion it is a size too far. even the 55 inch is too much when I'm honest about it. 

Just checked the pricing again after midnight, and they've all jumped up in price! What happened?
    950 gone to 989
    1099 gone to 1124
    1139 gone to 1199

Thanks!!

edit: the increased price is when you go to the compare screen with the three of them, they are still the original pricing from the main listings.
    HI CgI_3 thanks for the post

I'll get the guys to have a look to see why the price changes when you go to comparison, but if you're ordering soon I should be able to do at the original prices for you

With regards to the Panasonics, the main difference would be that the higher model has 3d, and a higher refresh rate. The 3d may not be a big factor for you, but if you watch a lot of sport.action movies, the refresh rate would be inportant, as It determines how smooth the long panning camera shots would be. If you watch a lot of football, the 750 would definitely be worth the extra money

The LG is definitley a good screen also, LG have really stepped up the last year or 2, but personally, my money would still be on Panasonics, I still think they have the edge on pictire quality, plus their smart menus are probably the best also

Cheers
    Brian

950 gone to 989
    1099 gone to 1124
    1139 gone to 1199

Thanks!!

I'll get the guys to have a look to see why the price changes when you go to comparison, but if you're ordering soon I should be able to do at the original prices for you

With regards to the Panasonics, the main difference would be that the higher model has 3d, and a higher refresh rate. The 3d may not be a big factor for you, but if you watch a lot of sport.action movies, the refresh rate would be inportant, as It determines how smooth the long panning camera shots would be. If you watch a lot of football, the 750 would definitely be worth the extra money

The LG is definitley a good screen also, LG have really stepped up the last year or 2, but personally, my money would still be on Panasonics, I still think they have the edge on pictire quality, plus their smart menus are probably the best also

Cheers
    Brian
    Thanks Brian, I'll probably go with the 700B. Hate Football!Hate 3D

950 gone to 989
    1099 gone to 1124
    1139 gone to 1199

Thanks!!

Cheers
    Brian
    Actually, what's the lead time on the 2 panasonics? And (first time using these talk to forums) I see that sometimes the boardsies can get a slight cut in price!

And, just need to confirm shipping cost to Limerick and the inclusion of the 6 year warranty

• Advertisement

950 gone to 989
    1099 gone to 1124
    1139 gone to 1199

Thanks!!

Cheers
    Brian
    Actually, what's the lead time on the 2 panasonics? And (first time using these talk to forums) I see that sometimes the boardsies can get a slight cut in price!

And, just need to confirm shipping cost to Limerick and the inclusion of the 6 year warranty
    HI CGI_3,

We have both of the models available from stock at our UK warehouse, so they could be shipped on a 3-5 day service, tho if ordered today I could maybe get it to you by Wednesday

The euro prices include delivery to you and the 6 year warranty

I can do a little for you on the  50DX700 at €925, but the 50DX750 there is very little margin on it so €1139 is really the best price I can do

Cheers
    Brian

950 gone to 989
    1099 gone to 1124
    1139 gone to 1199

Thanks!!

Cheers
    Brian

HI CGI_3,

We have both of the models available from stock at our UK warehouse, so they could be shipped on a 3-5 day service, tho if ordered today I could maybe get it to you by Wednesday

I can do a little for you on the  50DX700 at €925, but the 50DX750 there is very little margin on it so €1139 is really the best price I can do

Cheers
    Brian
    Thanks for that. for some reason I didn't get the usual email to say you'd responded. 

Be in touch shortly.

950 gone to 989
    1099 gone to 1124
    1139 gone to 1199

Thanks!!

Cheers
    Brian

HI CGI_3,

Cheers
    Brian
    Thanks for that. for some reason I didn't get the usual email to say you'd responded. 

Be in touch shortly.
    No Probs, just drop me a PM if you want to order or if any other questions

Brian

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.