Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deleted Text Messages

Options
  • 15-09-2016 7:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭

Hi there.
    I deleted text messages from one contact in error.
    They are not in iCloud and I would really like to get them back.
    I have googled this but am going round in circles.
    Can anyone help?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Only hope you have is there is a recent iCloud backup before they were deleted. Restore the phone from iCloud backup. Bear in mind though anything between now and then will be lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

Thanks for the reply.
    I did an iCloud backup the other day. I went into iCloud but there are no text messages backed up there.
    guil wrote: »
    Only hope you have is there is a recent iCloud backup before they were deleted. Restore the phone from iCloud backup. Bear in mind though anything between now and then will be lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

johnire wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply.
    I did an iCloud backup the other day. I went into iCloud but there are no text messages backed up there.

You don't see messages as a separate item like photos or docs. All phone data (contacts, messages, call data) is only restored to the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

You don't see messages as a separate item like photos or docs. All phone data (contacts, messages, call data) is only restored to the phone.

I can see messages if I log into iCloud. No idea if they are all there because haven't used it in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

Thanks for the replies everyone.
    Still a bit confused!
    What should I be doing when I go into iCloud on my pc?
    There are icons there for things like mail and contacts but nothing for messages.

• Advertisement

Messages are part of an overall iCloud backup and cannot be examined outside of restoring your iPhone from a backup.

There is no where you can check the messages online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

OP if you backed up the other day and the messages were there then all you have to do is reset the phone and restore it with the back up that was done the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

I can see messages if I log into iCloud. No idea if they are all there because haven't used it in a long time.

Sorry, iCloud/ iCloud Drive... My bad..

Advertisement