Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork guys, is blackpool safe?

Options
  • 15-09-2016 7:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi guys

We are a family of 3 (including 1 infant). We are getting apartment in Griffin close, blackpool. Just want to ask if it's a safe place to live? Heard bad things about it and pretty afraid now. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Are you Roma?.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 tejinderss

aujopimur wrote: »
    Are you Roma?.

No, Indian

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Kepler 186f

No, it's generally a ****hole. Griffith Close has an electric gated access so would be better than most places, however it would all depend on your neighbours

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭conorcan2

I'm renting in Blackpool and it suits me. There are areas in Blackpool I definitely wouldn't want to live.

Griffith Close isn't in a nice area, in terms of aesthetics and amenities. However, I wouldn't feel unsafe there. I'm only basing this on having walked past the area a number of times (including at night).

It's about a 15 minute walk into town.

A lot depends on your expectations and your living conditions (are you working, will your children go to a local school etc.), but to answer your question - no, that area of Blackpool doesn't seem unsafe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭flo8s967qjh0nd

Griffin Close should be fine. Overall Blackpool is very safe. A bit rough around the edges but no major problems at all. Decent schools and local services around and not too far from town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭livedadream

Blackpool is grand, i wouldnt be gallivanting around in the dead of night but i wouldn't do that anywhere in the city.

good resources big shopping centre, McDonalds, library etc. all the essentials :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

tejinderss wrote: »
    Hi guys

We are a family of 3 (including 1 infant). We are getting apartment in Griffin close, blackpool. Just want to ask if it's a safe place to live? Heard bad things about it and pretty afraid now. Thanks

I think its a pretty rough place, I go to the shopping centre and the cinema but it wouldn't be the best area in Cork. The village part of blackpool is very rough.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,238 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

It's fine plus you have big Indian and Asian population so it should be OK.

Worse places

• Registered Users Posts: 17,033 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

It's absolutely fine and really close to the city centre. Ignore all the oversensitive types calling it rough.
    If you're middle class and have led a sheltered life you might find it a bit gritty.
    It's generally a working class area but no rougher than any other inner city suburb.

I live close to Blackpool and pass through the area regularly, both on foot and by car.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

It's a grand place plus a Gated complex.

I'd be happy enough there.

There one or 2 specific areas there I wouldn't live but apart from them you shouldn't have a bother

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭ofcork

Blackpool is fine for the most part live near there and never had a problem ironically got more hassle when the flats were there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,039 ✭✭✭Doge

I walk through there almost daily and despite its depressing and run down looks its fine, I never get hassle from anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,311 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

It's fine, just not the prettiest looking place.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭yenom

It's grand, just looks awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,549 ✭✭✭✭siblers

It's grand really, where I stay is very quiet, lots of families around and generally never any trouble. Very close to pretty much any type of amenity you need.

Advertisement