Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ACCA F6 Irish or uk variant?

• 15-09-2016 9:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hoping to sit f6 in December, would like to do the Irish variant as guessing it would be more revelant but finding it hard/impossible to source self study material, can't afford the 750e to do it in a college. There seems to be much more material available for uk and you seem to be able to sit it in Dublin via the new cbe route. Do you think would it matter which variant I sit, I intend to work in Ireland?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭thebsharp

I contacted ACCA about it, there's no problem sitting the UK variant paper exam here either. It may be worth talking to your employer or prospective employers about it.

I can't afford the time/money for the class so I'm going for the UK paper. Was struggling to source exam material so had to draw the line somewhere. That said, I don't plan on becoming an accountant outright so my needs are different.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 John Luttrell

You may be able to purchase the study text from one of the colleges

• Registered Users Posts: 8 katsky

Try calling City College for the F6 book.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dmal

Did anyone have any luck sourcing study materials?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Lokie

I am also looking for F6 Irish, wrote F5 yesterday and F9 tomorrow. Not looking good, onwards & upwards. Please let me know if you find anything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 dmal

Lokie wrote: »
    I am also looking for F6 Irish, wrote F5 yesterday and F9 tomorrow. Not looking good, onwards & upwards. Please let me know if you find anything

I called City Colleges yesterday and they will sell you the F6 book and revision kit applicable for June 2017 exam for €90. Best of luck tomorrow!

Advertisement