Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas to Sandyford Commute

Options
  • 15-09-2016 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭

Hi All.

Just wondering if anyone does the Naas to Sandyford commute. Thinking of applying for a role there but currently work locally. It would be a 9 -5 role where as now I work shift and flexi time so I miss the rush hour traffic.

Thanks
    Peter

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭coffeepls

The drive home will take 90mins easily. I get stuck in the traffic at that time a lot. It's bumper crawl from about Dundrum, then once you get on the N7 (and I often use backroads from Firhouse to Saggart), it starts getting bumper to bumper from around exit 5, the one after Rathcoole.

Not so sure the state of it in the mornings. But if I'd to be in work by 9 I'd set out at 7.15.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭jamfer

I've driven from Naas to Sandyford on and off over the years. Pre M50 infact so I know every single alternate route imaginable for the inevitable crashes, or rainy, foggy, snowy days. Getting there for 9 means sitting in heavy traffic all the way up the N7 and all along the M50. Leaving Sandyford at 5 will be the exact same on the M50 then N7. You'll be gone from home from 7 till 7 if you have to work 9 to 5.

If you could work 8 to 4:30 it would work out better as you'd be travelling just before the peaks in both directions. Working 7:30 to 4 would be ideal.

Advertisement