If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Benq TH670 as a business projector

Options
  • 15-09-2016 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

The projector we were in the office using has given up the ghost so I've been told to sort a new one. 

Back in July the Epson EHTW5300 from yourselves was at the top of the shortlist that I'd done, but that seems to be gone, so I've had another look and saw the Benq TH670.

Requirements are that it is [font=Calibri, sans-serif]not necessarily a short-throw, it needs to have a vga input (they use an ipad), a decent resolution, and a good range of projection distance. Usage is about 75:25 to presentations:video. It will be used both in the office and out on the road if we are somewhere that doesn't have one.[/font]

I guess I'm just trying to get some backup or proof or advice for why we should get something that will be futureproofed rather than going to the likes vikingdirect or officemate or even pcworld and paying through the nose for something with a smaller resolution and less lumens and contrast ratio than the Benq. Or if there is any good reason not to use as a Business projector as opposed to a Home office projector.

Thanks,
    David

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

Hi Guys,

The projector we were in the office using has given up the ghost so I've been told to sort a new one. 

Back in July the Epson EHTW5300 from yourselves was at the top of the shortlist that I'd done, but that seems to be gone, so I've had another look and saw the Benq TH670.

Requirements are that it is [font=Calibri, sans-serif]not necessarily a short-throw, it needs to have a vga input (they use an ipad), a decent resolution, and a good range of projection distance. Usage is about 75:25 to presentations:video. It will be used both in the office and out on the road if we are somewhere that doesn't have one.[/font]

I guess I'm just trying to get some backup or proof or advice for why we should get something that will be futureproofed rather than going to the likes vikingdirect or officemate or even pcworld and paying through the nose for something with a smaller resolution and less lumens and contrast ratio than the Benq. Or if there is any good reason not to use as a Business projector as opposed to a Home office projector.

Thanks,
    David
    Hi Davetherave, thanks for the post

Yep the Benq TH670 is a great we projector, and would suit well for what you're needing. For an office projector, brightness is important, as you can't always darken the room, and the brightness levels on this one would be decent at 3000 ansi, similar to even some higher models.
    It's also one of the few models that have the VGA input you need also

Just a note that although there is normally a 6 year guarantee on projectors, this is only for home/personal use, and not for business use.
    You can purchase an additional 3 year commercial warranty at 20% of cost price if required

We don't have this in stock locally, but they are available to ship from our UK warehouse on a 3-5 day delivery 

Any other queries, just drop us a post
    Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭davetherave

Hi Brian,

Thats great, thanks for the info. 

Just to clarify re the warranty/guarantee because it is not a simple domestic end user case. The 3 year commercial warranty you offer would be in addition to or separate from the manufacturer's own warranty. 

David

Hi Brian,

Thats great, thanks for the info. 

Just to clarify re the warranty/guarantee because it is not a simple domestic end user case. The 3 year commercial warranty you offer would be in addition to or separate from the manufacturer's own warranty. 

David
    Apologies, it would be for 3 years in total, The manufacturers 1 year plus additional 2 years

Regards
    Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭davetherave

Perfect, Thanks for your help. I'll be ordering it tomorrow morning.

Best Regards,
    David

Perfect, Thanks for your help. I'll be ordering it tomorrow morning.

Best Regards,
    David
    No probs, just give me a call on 0044333 900 0070 option2 and I'll get you sorted

Cheers
    Brian

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.