Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N3- Dublin to Clonee

Options
  • 15-09-2016 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭

Hi
    did a search & can't see to find up to date information.

I'm trying to find out if it is possible to cycle from Inchicore to the new facebook data centre that is been built in Clonee using the N3 as much as possible as the journey will be taken before 7.30am.

Just wondering if anyone has any recent experience of roughly the same route
    & would appreciate any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭Welshkev

I regularly come in and out of town that way - it's fine generally speaking. I would urge caution around the Blanchardstown shopping centre on the N3 itself.
    If you're coming up from Lucan Castleknock, you're best bet is probably via the Ongar distributor road (nice and wide, bus and cycle lanes along there). That'll bring you in to Clonee via the R149 (i.e. the right end of Clonee for Facebook)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Yes but why would you.

Here's a nice route by the Grand Canal and then cross country via Lucan. Probably much nicer than the N3 almost motorway...

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭mvt

Ah, thanks a lot for that,was wondering what that Ongar road was.
    Confident enough on the bike,just want to keep to a reasonable surface during the winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭Welshkev

I'd highly recomend staying off the N3 if I were you - no particular reason, but given you have 2/3 lanes of cars travelling in excess of 100kp/h why not go a more relaxing way!
    The route cdaly gave above brings you out to the same place just before Clonee as I suggested.
    And that Ongar road should be fine in all weather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

Welshkev wrote: »
    I'd highly recommend staying off the N3 if I were you - no particular reason, but given you have 2/3 lanes of cars traveling in excess of 100kp/h why not go a more relaxing way!
    The route cdaly gave above brings you out to the same place just before Clonee as I suggested.
    And that Ongar road should be fine in all weather.

+1 to that and it's only a half a mile more going via Ongar but much more pleasant to cycle with hardly any traffic, bus lanes or cycle lanes to choose from and you can fly along. I go via the park, Castleknock, Roselawn, Ongar distribution road, Clonee etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement