Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this an optical illusion?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

No you're not. The photo is backward. Logos on the bike and clothing are back-to-front too

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

the whole photo is inverted!

its a mirror image of the original photo

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I thought it was something like that but couldnt figure it out.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

some of the track bikes from the olympics had the drivetrain on the left.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

mossym wrote: »
    some of the track bikes from the olympics had the drivetrain on the left.

Only the US Team Pursuit/Omnium Felts

GBR Cervelos the "right way round" won out in both cases though ....

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

It's a bloody steep hill they are casually climbing (or is that descending:confused:) though ......

Beasty wrote: »
    Only the US Team Pursuit/Omnium Felts

GBR Cervelos the "right way round" won out in both cases though ....

doesn't that count as some? :)

and does that mean you are attributing some performance gain to having the drivetrain on the right?

or just that harmony wouldn't allow a left sided bike to win

doesn't that count as some? :)
    Only one model though ....

I am saying any advantage they offered is unproven, and clearly not enough....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,343 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

It's a bloody steep hill they are casually climbing (or is that descending:confused:) though ......

Funny that the water isn't cascading out of the pond ;)

T'will be very interesting to see if any other manufacturers follow suit

May hold off investing in a T5GB just in case....

• Advertisement

Daroxtar wrote: »
    Funny that the water isn't cascading out of the pond ;)

That may just be an optical illusion......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Only one model though ....

I am saying any advantage they offered is unproven, and clearly not enough....

My honest belief was that it was bolloxology and mind games on the part of Felt/Team America. Make everyone else wonder what Felt know that everyone else doesn't.

Of course, the results on the track don't lie!

maybe to prove if it worked or not you'd need to put the same rider on each bike to decrease the number of variables?

could be it was a marketing gimmick. the GB team was expected to dominate the track. the release on the left got Felt lots of column inches, and in the absence of saying look our bikes won lots of medals they went for a different angle.

if cervelo had done it, would people have said the left side was faster, or that the gb cyclists were just better?

knowing cyclists, probably the former, and cervelo have missed a shot to sell some bikes.

maybe to prove if it worked or not you'd need to put the same rider on each bike to decrease the number of variables?

could be it was a marketing gimmick. the GB team was expected to dominate the track. the release on the left got Felt lots of column inches, and in the absence of saying look our bikes won lots of medals they went for a different angle.

if cervelo had done it, would people have said the left side was faster, or that the gb cyclists were just better?

knowing cyclists, probably the former, and cervelo have missed a shot to sell some bikes.
    I suspect they make very little from track bikes (despite probably very high margins). There simply is not the market to warrant it, and I also suspect they will spend more than they earn supporting the likes of Team GB.

A couple of years ago I investigated getting hold of a T4 and was advised there would only be manufacturing 6 in my size during the whole year. With the subsequent Team GB deal I assume their limited manufacturing capacity was devoted more to international/trade teams.

I suspect it will be next year before we see T5s on the market.

true, but they could release a road bike with a left drive train, point at the track cyclists and say look at how they dominated. most roadies would have known the track results even if they don't ride track. there is a market there for something different as well, lot of people are getting tired of black and white bikes, something different like this would appeal

• Registered Users Posts: 6,334 ✭✭✭secman

I'd say the photographer had one leg much shorter than the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,310 ✭✭✭✭endacl

That may just be an optical illusion......

Nope. The pond owner is behind with his gravity bill.

secman wrote: »
    I'd say the photographer had one leg much shorter than the other.

you think his cranks are different lengths?

Bit of a personal question, no?

endacl wrote: »
    Bit of a personal question, no?

depends on the height your mind exists from the gutter i would say..:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,334 ✭✭✭secman

Oops.... my bad...
    must pay attention
    Must pay attention × 50 :)

depends on the height your mind exists from the gutter i would say..:)

Not a great height...

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

A steep hill with a canal or slow flowing river beside it ? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

I've always wanted one of those lovely ihcnaiBs.

Advertisement