Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faulty TV

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Just as an FYI regarding claiming through accidental damage with Flexirent, when you get a claim form it clearly states that if you are close to end of term with them that they may just cancel the agreement.

Even if the op had 10 months left I'd imagine they would simply cancel it as it would cost more to replace than what is left in payments.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭cml387

This is a fascinating thread.

Essentially it seems your consumer rights are reduced considerably depending on which type of buy now pay later arrangement you have.

Most people I guess will sign on the dotted line and not read the T&C's (it's human nature..me want shiny new thing now).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

apologies if this has been asked already....but what make of TV was it??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

philstar wrote: »

LG

• Registered Users Posts: 14,093 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

philstar wrote: »

LG 49UB850V-ZD. I've emailed LG and attached pictures to see if they recognise it, or if it's a known issue, might help me with FR.

But yeah, as cml387 said, it appears that this agreement somehow circumvents my rights as a consumer. It appears to be a legal grey spot, but because FR are simply not even budging, this is why i'm intent on continuing it. And if all goes to all and i'm left with nothing, well, I shall then start my attempt at reducing their business by plastering my story everywhere I can, potentially camp outside wherever they are used with big signs. Don't know yet. They got me at a bad time...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

donegal. wrote: »

I have, but it's out of the manufacturer warranty, so any repairs would incur a cost. I've emailed them with pictures anyway, never know, they might replace it themselves...

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭2forjoy

I had a 42' tv with similar complaint and it turned out the sky box was faulty . Sky gave us a new HD box and problem fixed .

2forjoy wrote: »
    I had a 42' tv with similar complaint and it turned out the sky box was faulty . Sky gave us a new HD box and problem fixed .

This is definitely the tv, whether it's the PS4, Wii, PC, Eir Vision, Xbox, it's the same on all of them. You can physically see it even when turned off, but you need to know what you're looking for. It's 100% a defective tv.

SUCCESS!

Got a phonecall from the manager of the Irish branch of Flexirent. He half confirmed what I've been saying, in so far as LG are the ones to repair/replace, and not FR, but accepted that this is done through them. He's ringing me again later to organise a time to pick up the tv to attempt to repair, but if it can't be repaired it will be replaced. He apologised that it took so long, but he literally only got the information about this at 5am this morning (he works from Oz).

It may also have been something to do with an opinion survey I got asking me about my recent experience with dealing with FR, and I left a scathing reply.

• Advertisement
Advertisement