Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

<Dublin dealer>

• 15-09-2016 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I'm writing this post to give people awareness of <Dublin dealer>. I would strongly not recommend purchasing a car from these. Their customer service is appalling and the treatment I received was disappointing.

In May 2016 I rushed into buying a Renault Megane 2012 model, (overpriced cars in <Dublin dealer>). They informed me that the car was services and NCT which I could see from the very, however I drove it home and parked in my newly paved driveway, next day there was diesel leaked all over my driveway and I spent a fortune having to clean it.

I drove the car back over to the garage (note I'm from the northside) had to take a day off work, not one dos their manager apologise for the inconvenience this caused and were not willing to take any of the responsibility. I was made wait around the garage for over 3 hours whilst hey try and fix it. They then sent me off in a courtesy car with no petrol ( which I had to fill myself) not alone pay for all the toll fares . So I returned a few days later to pick up the car and took it away again.

A few weeks later I notice more problems with it , shocks in the wheel not fitted , air con not working rattles in the brakes. I had to take another day off work and once again was made wait around the garage for up to two hours. I brought my Mother with me this time and turns out the salesman who sold it to me sold my mama a bogey car a few years ago and even though the car was under warranty the business at the time went into receivership..She had been looking for him for years and certainly gave him a piece of her mind as she had to put good money into fixing the problems it had.

So after the two hour wait still no courtesy shown I got the car back,, and yes you guessed it the rattle coming from the loose shock still remained. Rang the salesman and wrote a strongly worded complaint to the sales manager and followed up with a phone call. Did he do anything, he did in his hoop, didn't hear from him again. Another trip out to RPC and another day off work to drop this Megane in, get handed an awful courtesy car that I wouldn't give to learner. I returned a week later to pick it up and the issue was resolved.

I'm happy to say I am no longer the owner of that car and have upgraded since. I was lucky that it was under warranty and didn't have to pay a penny, however please do not purchase from these and hand over your hard earned cash. There are much more reliable dealers out there with more compatible prices. The cars are not been fully checked before sale and customers are left disappointed with having to return with problems. Their customer service is terrible and they treat u like a dog . Be wary of the amount of cars they have as no care is going into them before sale.

To sum it all up..STAY WELL CLEAR OF <Dublin dealer>

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭duffman3833

i went to look at a Volvo s40 last year and the car looked nice and all seemed OK, until i started it, from what i could hear it sounded like a leaky injector or something, bit of a hissing noise, so i looked at them closer and i could see black tar around one of the injectors. called the sales guy and without saying asking was there any issues that had to be sorted with car. i was told it was 100%. i then pointed out the hissing noise from engine and i was told that's normal. Im no car expert but that noise was certainly not normal, so i just handed him back the keys and walked away. I thought it may have just been a bad car, but ive heard not so great experiences about this dealer. Well that my view on them anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Kelly84

Good man duffman, need to blacken this crowd as their Cowboys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

I bought my Civic from <Dublin dealer> and really enjoyed the experience.

Your biggest mistake was hoping to wait on site while they fixed your issues. They are dealing with countless brands and dont have immediate access to the brand knowledge and parts supply of the likes of a main dealer so diagnosing and rectifying issues can take some time.

To cut a long story short, you bought a used car, it had an issue, RPC diagnosed it and fixed it (on the second attempt) and put you in a courtesy car in the interim.

Maybe your expectations were too high?

What should/ could they have done differently in your opinion?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I bought my Civic from <Dublin dealer> and really enjoyed the experience.

Your biggest mistake was hoping to wait on site while they fixed your issues. They are dealing with countless brands and dont have immediate access to the brand knowledge and parts supply of the likes of a main dealer so diagnosing and rectifying issues can take some time.

To cut a long story short, you bought a used car, it had an issue, RPC diagnosed it and fixed it (on the second attempt) and put you in a courtesy car in the interim.

Maybe your expectations were too high?

What should/ could they have done differently in your opinion?

Car should be sold in good working order.

Any dealer or a decent one would know that.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Leilak

Thanks so much for the heads up Kelly I was going over to test drive a Qashqai tomorrow, you have made me change my mind, Ill bring my business elsewhere. Its absolutely disgusting the way you were treated and highlighting it here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

They're usually comparatively very cheap. That's why people go there. You don't get the red carpet treatment though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Car should be sold in good working order.

Any dealer or a decent one would know that.

It most likely was.

I'd say they didn't intentionally sell it with a diesel leak. The primer bulbs are fairly prone to cracking after use in those Meganes, so if it had a fuel filter service, this could have brought on the failure.

Not trying to defend them blindly, but I doubt they would knowing sell a car with a bad diesel leak, I doubt they want to bring that much pain on themselves.

Rattles from shocks, weeks/ months after purchasing a 4 year old car, RPC must not have had access to their crystal ball at the time.

A 12 Megane should still have been in Renault warranty, so who knows, they could have been bringing the car there for repairs, hence the turnaround time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭GavMan

Looks like apart from being a bit slow and taking 2 attempts, they didn't do much wrong here. Leak sounds like bad luck. They'd hardly want a leaking on their premises

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Anyone interested can PM OP to get name.
    Signing up to give out about a business is not what this forum is for.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement