Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 7 contract plans

Options
  • 15-09-2016 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭

I am weighing up between buying iPhone 7 outright and get a cheap sim or go on contract. Some figures I have found so far:

Buy iPhone 7 32GB via UK and Revolut Card for €710 and then €20 sim on 48months with 1000mins and unlimited texts and 8GB data. Total over 2 years €1190

Currently on emobile who have offered the handset for €299 and unlimited calls and texts and 5GB for €39 a month over 24 months. Total = €1235

Meteors seem more expensive with handset €249 and 6months @ €45 and 18months @ €55 for unlimited and 15GB. Total = €1509. They have another plan with 400mins and 10GB for €1369 over 2 years.

I haven't had a chance to check any other companies yet. Anyone get a decent deal from anyone else. Does anyone know of another sim only plan that could be used with a store bought phone?

I am considering sticking to the contract as I wouldnt have to pay the €710 upfront which would only cost an extra €45 or €1.88 a month for 2 years:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

I am weighing up between buying iPhone 7 outright and get a cheap sim or go on contract. Some figures I have found so far:

Buy iPhone 7 32GB via UK and Revolut Card for €710 and then €20 sim on 48months with 1000mins and unlimited texts and 8GB data. Total over 2 years €1190

Currently on emobile who have offered the handset for €299 and unlimited calls and texts and 5GB for €39 a month over 24 months. Total = €1235

Meteors seem more expensive with handset €249 and 6months @ €45 and 18months @ €55 for unlimited and 15GB. Total = €1509. They have another plan with 400mins and 10GB for €1369 over 2 years.

I haven't had a chance to check any other companies yet. Anyone get a decent deal from anyone else. Does anyone know of another sim only plan that could be used with a store bought phone?

I am considering sticking to the contract as I wouldnt have to pay the €710 upfront which would only cost an extra €45 or €1.88 a month for 2 years:rolleyes:

I'm with vodafone on RED super @ €75 per month for unlimited calls, texts and 17GB data plus 500 international mins and texts, I get a €15 affinity discount so it's €60. I upgraded last week and ordered an iphone 7 128GB.
    It cost €399 to upgrade with 10 months left on my contract, the plan is gone up €5 but includes spotify premium or sky sports mobile and 25GB dropbox for 3 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

guil wrote: »
    I'm with vodafone on RED super @ €75 per month for unlimited calls, texts and 17GB data plus 500 international mins and texts, I get a €15 affinity discount so it's €60. I upgraded last week and ordered an iphone 7 128GB.
    It cost €399 to upgrade with 10 months left on my contract, the plan is gone up €5 but includes spotify premium or sky sports mobile and 25GB dropbox for 3 years.

Can you tell me what the affinity discount is?

Can you tell me what the affinity discount is?

I have a company phone that's on a corporate account. Not sure if you have to have a number yourself or just if the company you work for has a corporate account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

I have a company phone that's on a corporate account. Not sure if you have to have a number yourself or just if the company you work for has a corporate account.

Company should have corporate account, i am on same plan with affinity discount and use my own number!

deep1 wrote: »
    Company should have corporate account, i am on same plan with affinity discount and use my own number!
    Sorry what I meant was, I'm not sure if you have to have a company phone yourself to get the affinity discount on your personal number or if you work for any company that has a corporate plan regardless if you have a company phone or not, can you get the discount?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

Sorry what I meant was, I'm not sure if you have to have a company phone yourself to get the affinity discount on your personal number or if you work for any company that has a corporate plan regardless if you have a company phone or not, can you get the discount?

Company that has corporate plan regardless if you have have company ph or not, ie i don't use company ph and number ( too much hassle), in addition to that i can extend offer to 5 friend and family so my spouse get same discount too.
    All in all it is great package, vodafone network is hard to beat, specially now with home like roaming and spotify premium!

That's good to know about extending it to others. I can get my sister a discount as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭maximum12

What's Meteor's network like ? I have an iPhone 6 and normally upgrade every 2 years but am skipping this year. I'm reluctant to leave Vodafone but their sim-only plans are absolute rubbish. Trying to avoid Three so that rules our Tesco mobile and 48.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

maximum12 wrote: »
    What's Meteor's network like ? I have an iPhone 6 and normally upgrade every 2 years but am skipping this year. I'm reluctant to leave Vodafone but their sim-only plans are absolute rubbish. Trying to avoid Three so that rules our Tesco mobile and 48.

I've been with Meteor for last 4-5 years. Happy Anouilh wit them. Overall decent coverage and good 4G.
    I hate dealing with Eir/Eircom but I have found the Meteor team helpful and fast to respond here on Boards and Twitter.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

maximum12 wrote: »

I'm with them 12 years. No issues. I'm in Dublin blinds though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭maximum12

kceire wrote: »
    I'm with them 12 years. No issues. I'm in Dublin blinds though.

Also in Dublin. going from 60 per month with Voda to 25 with Meteor. Although Voda includes Spotify so net saving 25 per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

I should also add that the Eir quotes I got above were if you have an Eir phone/broadband customer attached to the account. She said that gets a €20 discount. She said even if you know someone with an eircom number it would work and it doesn't tie them into any contract or have any effect on them.

You can also get 18 months at €39 but you don't get 4G only 3G. Everything else the same.

Advertisement