Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mummers

Options
  • 15-09-2016 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭

I was just thinking today, it must be well over 20 years since I've seen any Mummers anywhere.

I appreciate it's a tad early in the year, but does anyone know if there are still any in action in Donegal?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,385 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

always see them round christmas in donegal town

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭kathleen37

Thanks. I'll have to keep an eye out. Thinking about it, the last time I saw them was at Killygordon. Was actually about 30 years ago.

Will head up to Donegal town round Christmas.

If anyone hears of anything nearer the time, I hope you'll post. Would love to see them again.

Strangely - I remember when the first Game of Thrones book came out, and it has a Mummers mention in that. (Never made it to the telly) At the time, I wrote to Mr Martin (I loved a few of his previous books which is why I got GOT when it came out) He was really lovely and wrote back - and sent me a few signed books! He said he's never seen any but it was something he'd read about...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,385 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

they are usually wondering round the Christmas parties collecting money the couple of weeks before Christmas. bunch of people from mountcharles if i remember right. not sure they are worth travelling for :)

Advertisement