Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

traffic in town tomorrow evening

Options
  • 15-09-2016 7:31pm
    Administrators Posts: 53,837 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

I need to be at the point tomorrow at 7, coming from sandyford. What has traffic been like in the evenings with this bus strike? Am I likely to be stuck for ages?

I'd be going Sandyford -> Blackrock -> East link.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

awec wrote: »
    I need to be at the point tomorrow at 7, coming from sandyford. What has traffic been like in the evenings with this bus strike? Am I likely to be stuck for ages?

Fcuking mental this evening at four thirty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Mental, I'd get LUAS if you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Get the luas.

• Administrators Posts: 53,837 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Can't get the Luas, heading up north from the point.

How long are we talking here? An hour?

Alternative is to wait until 7:30 then leave by the m50 instead. Likely to be clear by then?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Can't get the Luas, heading up north from the point.

How long are we talking here? An hour?

Alternative is to wait until 7:30 then leave by the m50 instead. Likely to be clear by then?

I'd imagine you're not a million miles off there. You'd head for the coast road I assume? I guess there'd be more traffic heading out of town than in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Risky business expecting it to clear by 7.30 imo, if there was to be a crash at any point north of J12 you could find yourself stuck between exits for an hour.

Drive to Red Cow at 4, you should be grand at that time, and Park n Ride to the Point, then back again, then drive up North

I'd imagine you're not a million miles off there. You'd head for the coast road I assume? I guess there'd be more traffic heading out of town than in.

Yea coast road.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Yea coast road.

I believe coast road was an hour to travel 3km last week...

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Yintang

I'd say coast road should be ok - the main hassle will be getting out of Sandyford. After that, the worst of the traffic will be heading out of town, not towards it. A lot of people work from home on a Friday so it can often be less busy, and with the bus strike, maybe even more will work from home! Give yourself well over an hour, just to be on the safe side...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Drove down Brewery Road and all the way into town via the N11 at 18:30 this evening - took me 35mins to get to Hannover Quay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Thankfully no gig on in point tomorrow.
    I would have thought if you leave by 6, that should get you across?
    Go down brewery rd, n11, sandymoubt as already said.
    Keep a listen on 103.2fm traffic news. It may be 30mins or so to cross from sean Moore road / beach road junction to the east link itself if it's bad.

Not going to risk it, going to just watch the traffic watch and leave when it's calmed a good bit. Can't be dealing with sitting in traffic.

Advertisement