Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Book: Pedal the planet

Options
  • 15-09-2016 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭

Hi guys, I stumbled upon a book launch in Dublin just now about a guy who cycled the world "30,000km through 27 countries on 5 continents with 3 robberies, 3 crashes and 44 flat tyres". He is on day 6 of the launch and visiting every county to promote it. Worth a plug and some of the proceeds go to pieta house. He told me the link to his promoting tour is http://www.bepress.ie/2016/08/23/pedal-the-planet-book-tour/ if anyone wants to attend/ purchase the book. Apologies if this contravenes any forum rules

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭BGT

Link not working can you reset please? Thanks for the info

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Hi guys, I stumbled upon a book launch in Dublin just now about a guy who cycled the world "30,000km through 27 countries on 5 continents with 3 robberies, 3 crashes and 44 flat tyres". He is on day 6 of the launch and visiting every county to promote it. Worth a plug and some of the proceeds go to pieta house. He told me the link to his promoting tour is www.bepress.ie if anyone wants to attend/ purchase the book. Apologies if this contravenes any forum rules

I proof read the book and I'm currently reading it. I was in college with Breifne. Nice guy. Check out his Facebook page either - search for Breifne Earley

Just a heads up - it's not a pure cycling book. Yes there are cycling stories in it, but it's more about the changes he made in his life and the positives cycling brought to his life. His aim is to spread the message that it's okay to not feel okay!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

sullivlo wrote: »
    Just a heads up - it's not a pure cycling book. Yes there are cycling stories in it, but it's more about the changes he made in his life and the positives cycling brought to his life. His aim is to spread the message that it's okay to not feel okay!

Still a noble thing to write about. Putting your problems, your difficulties and how you got yourself through it on paper is a difficult thing to do. Putting it on paper for others to read I'd find terrifying.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Still a noble thing to write about. Putting your problems, your difficulties and how you got yourself through it on paper is a difficult thing to do. Putting it on paper for others to read I'd find terrifying.

Oh yes. 100%. It's a terrific story.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Decent guy , amazing story and 50% of every book sold goes to Pieta house....quodos!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,310 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Any connection to Martin Earley, I wonder?

Advertisement